You guys seriously don't have this stuff?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: You guys seriously don't have this stuff?!?!
(06-06-2013 03:42 PM)germanyt Wrote:  You can't be serious. First of all it's not legal to sell a firearm to a 9 year old. Second of all it's perfectly okay under supervision to teach a 9 year old how to properly and safely handle a rifle or even a pistol. There is a big difference between safely handling a weapon/tool and getting your kid drunk on an intoxicating and addictive substance. I'm not sure what the exact definition for your weak ass argument and terrible point is but I'm sure there is a word for it. If someone know what it is feel free to chime in. How dare you equate the negativity of teens drinking with the talent and skills required to properly handle firearms.

The worst kind of liberal is an anti-'something' liberal.

YES MAD.

I agree. It's ridiculous I can't buy nukes at the supermarket! Angry

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
06-06-2013, 03:45 PM
(06-06-2013 03:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Don't get too full of yourself, Hughsie. That charm can only get you so far. Wink

You think I have charms? I'm flattered. Blush

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
06-06-2013, 03:49 PM
(06-06-2013 11:20 AM)cufflink Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 12:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No, the drinking age for all 50 states is 21. It's for years now been tied to federal road funding. If the drinking age is 21 the states receive more money -- well at least they used to. It was done around mid 80s.

Yup. America is a place where it's a crime to give a 20-year-old a beer but it's perfectly OK to give a 9-year-old a real gun. No

And it'll be a while before we have a picture of Darwin on our currency.

On the other hand, we do have

[Image: 894_1_o1a7285_golden_gate_bridge_zps7568bc95.jpg]

and

[Image: popeyes_chicken_sh_zps8395597c.jpg]

and

[Image: bradley-cooper-the-hangover-hair-2095590...0ec84c.jpg]

My eyes teared up seeing the golden gate.

Never eaten at a Popeyes so dunno about that..

No clue who the picture was of...

All I know it wasn't George. Or should I say my george.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
(06-06-2013 03:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 03:42 PM)germanyt Wrote:  You can't be serious. First of all it's not legal to sell a firearm to a 9 year old. Second of all it's perfectly okay under supervision to teach a 9 year old how to properly and safely handle a rifle or even a pistol. There is a big difference between safely handling a weapon/tool and getting your kid drunk on an intoxicating and addictive substance. I'm not sure what the exact definition for your weak ass argument and terrible point is but I'm sure there is a word for it. If someone know what it is feel free to chime in. How dare you equate the negativity of teens drinking with the talent and skills required to properly handle firearms.

The worst kind of liberal is an anti-'something' liberal.

YES MAD.

I agree. It's ridiculous I can't buy nukes at the supermarket! Angry

Another weak argument. I thought better of you Hughsie. You can't buy nukes because no person operating a nuke can control the risk to public safety it presents. It's the same deal with many explosives. The operator of a gun can control what it does and where it goes when fired. And it is a shame that you can't buy Colt 1911 at Wal-Mart with your groceries.

...next

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
06-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Second marriage. Shocking

The triumph of hope over experience. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2013, 08:34 PM
(06-06-2013 03:42 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 11:20 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Yup. America is a place where it's a crime to give a 20-year-old a beer but it's perfectly OK to give a 9-year-old a real gun. No

You can't be serious. First of all it's not legal to sell a firearm to a 9 year old. Second of all it's perfectly okay under supervision to teach a 9 year old how to properly and safely handle a rifle or even a pistol. There is a big difference between safely handling a weapon/tool and getting your kid drunk on an intoxicating and addictive substance. I'm not sure what the exact definition for your weak ass argument and terrible point is but I'm sure there is a word for it. If someone know what it is feel free to chime in. How dare you equate the negativity of teens drinking with the talent and skills required to properly handle firearms. Thousands of teens and 20 year olds drive drunk and kill people. Maybe one or two 9 year olds have intentionally taken a gun and killed someone.

You should probably refrain from future anti-gun remarks. You clearly don't know anything about guns or the real issue to formulate an intelligent argument.

First of all, I never said or implied it was legal to sell a gun directly to a 9-year-old (although I have no doubt there are elements in this country who wish that weren't so; wouldn't want to infringe on the Second Amendment rights of the little tykes, you know). What is legal is for mommy or daddy to buy a firearm for Johnny or Janey. In fact, there are outfits that specialize in marketing guns for kids:

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/05/...eting-kids

More to the point, there was nothing in my original post that was anti-gun. Learn to read. What I was pointing out in that post is the absurdity of saying it's OK to put a gun in the hands of 9-year-old (without commenting on whether that's appropriate or not) while at the same time saying it's illegal to put a glass of beer in the hands of a 20-year-old. I'll stick with that and go further. It's totally fucked up. It's worthy of Alice in Wonderland. Pure Theater of the Absurd. You put a lethal weapon in the hands of a young child and that's peachy, but when an under-21 soldier, who our government says is mature enough to make life-or-death decisions in battle, comes home and wants a Bud, he can't have it? That's fucked, man. Too bad you're so locked into your bubble you can't see it.

BTW, the U.S. is in great company with it's 21-minimum rule. The other countries who think like we do are Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, and Sri Lanka.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/LegalDrinkingAge.html

Quote:Negged BTW.

No problem. Coming from a dipshit, a neg is a badge of honor.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
06-06-2013, 09:05 PM
1 Thing the US has the UK Needs: Dentists Tongue

[Image: teeth2.jpg][Image: teeth.jpg]
[Image: teeth3.jpg]
[Image: teeth4.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-06-2013, 12:12 AM
(06-06-2013 09:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  1 Thing the US has the UK Needs: Dentists Tongue

I AM PEEING MY PANTS RIGHT NOW

LITERALLY

SOMEONE BRING ME A TOWEL

AND SOME DISINFECTANT
07-06-2013, 12:47 AM
I seriously can't get curry gravy on fries because I seriously can't have the recipe. Seriously, how can one complain that others don't have it if they don't share it. Dodgy
08-06-2013, 01:40 PM
(07-06-2013 12:47 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I seriously can't get curry gravy on fries because I seriously can't have the recipe. Seriously, how can one complain that others don't have it if they don't share it. Dodgy

Oh for fuck's sake. Here you go.

Chip Shop Curry Sauce is something of an acquired taste - but if I were you, I wouldn't bother to acquire it.
Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.