You have 10 seconds to name ONE contribution to the world made by a woman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: You have 10 seconds to name ONE contribution to the world made by a woman
(07-07-2014 01:07 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I'll hold him hobbit you start tickling him til he pees himself.

Thats a plan. Here we go!

Sadcryface no, not the tickles! Weeping

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 02:31 PM
First thing that came to my mind? Noether's theorem.

And congrats, you have lower reputation than I do.
28-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton, equality in the voting booth. Both atheists.

Sapere aude
28-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Ada Lovelace, first computer programmer.

Sapere aude
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post
29-07-2014, 08:56 AM
COBOL - Adm. Grace Hopper.

#sigh
29-07-2014, 09:36 AM
I am left to assume Dodgy ... I should overlook this necro-posting...

I was thinking ... Consider ... isn't all of humanity directly descended from a single female?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-07-2014, 02:15 PM
(29-07-2014 09:36 AM)kim Wrote:  I am left to assume Dodgy ... I should overlook this necro-posting...

I was thinking ... Consider ... isn't all of humanity directly descended from a single female?

I thought that was a myth? Sure I read it some old book somewhere... Anyway she did pretty well for one lady. That musta been the glory days of fuckery...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-07-2014, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 03:05 PM by kim.)
(29-07-2014 02:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 09:36 AM)kim Wrote:  I am left to assume Dodgy ... I should overlook this necro-posting...

I thought that was a myth? Sure I read it some old book somewhere... Anyway she did pretty well for one lady. That musta been the glory days of fuckery...

Mitochondiral Eve:
Quote:In the field of human genetics, the name Mitochondrial Eve refers to the matrilineal most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all currently living anatomically modern humans, who is estimated to have lived approximately 100,000–200,000 years ago. This is the most recent woman from whom all living humans today descend, on their mother’s side, and through the mothers of those mothers, and so on, back until all lines converge on one person.
---
Mitochondrial Eve is estimated to have lived between 99,000 and 200,000 years ago, most likely in East Africa, when Homo sapiens sapiens (anatomically modern humans) were developing as a population distinct from other human sub-species.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-07-2014, 03:05 PM
(29-07-2014 02:57 PM)kim Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 02:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  I thought that was a myth? Sure I read it some old book somewhere... Anyway she did pretty well for one lady. That musta been the glory days of fuckery...

Mitochondiral Eve:
Quote:In the field of human genetics, the name Mitochondrial Eve refers to the matrilineal most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all currently living anatomically modern humans, who is estimated to have lived approximately 100,000–200,000 years ago. This is the most recent woman from whom all living humans today descend, on their mother’s side, and through the mothers of those mothers, and so on, back until all lines converge on one person.

Ha, thanks. Just hadda go look it up now. She's not the ultimate Mama, she just the most recent common female ancestor of all humans, if I'm reading it right.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-07-2014, 03:12 PM
(29-07-2014 03:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 02:57 PM)kim Wrote:  Mitochondiral Eve:

Ha, thanks. Just hadda go look it up now. She's not the ultimate Mama, she just the most recent common female ancestor of all humans, if I'm reading it right.

Indeed. Every population will have a most recent common ancestor. That's inevitable statistics. This does not mean they have a single ultimate common ancestor.

I remember PleaseJesus once being confused staggeringly dishonest about just that point.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post