You have the right to remain silent...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 07:25 AM
RE: You have the right to remain silent...
Hopefully, I won't have to deal with police, but what should I do if they start asking me stuff and I freeze up because I'm nervous?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2016, 07:28 AM
(06-05-2016 07:25 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Hopefully, I won't have to deal with police, but what should I do if they start asking me stuff and I freeze up because I'm nervous?

Well hopefully the ones you get are way more professional.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-05-2016, 08:29 AM
(06-05-2016 06:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  BlackEagle can probably give us the lowdown on this one......

My guess -- is that you are by law required to give your name -- and I believe you have to acknowledge why they pulled you over ---- after that you have the right to clam up.......

I'll defer to the expert for the right answer....

You must provide your drivers licence and registration. You don't have to do anything else. And certainly acknowledging why they pulled you over is not a legal requirement. The idea is that it's up to the Police to prove your guilt, you are not legally required to incriminate yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Just the condescending attitude would make me want to clam up.
Asking if you know why you were pulled over like they are scolding a child pisses me off.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
06-05-2016, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 10:23 AM by Gilgamesh.)
(06-05-2016 07:25 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Hopefully, I won't have to deal with police, but what should I do if they start asking me stuff and I freeze up because I'm nervous?

Pound your chest, throw whatever you have at them and then run towards them sideways. This threat display will demonstrate that you are an alpha male, with breeding rights, to any cocky apes such as police officers.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
06-05-2016, 09:30 AM
(06-05-2016 08:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 06:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  BlackEagle can probably give us the lowdown on this one......

My guess -- is that you are by law required to give your name -- and I believe you have to acknowledge why they pulled you over ---- after that you have the right to clam up.......

I'll defer to the expert for the right answer....

You must provide your drivers licence and registration. You don't have to do anything else. And certainly acknowledging why they pulled you over is not a legal requirement. The idea is that it's up to the Police to prove your guilt, you are not legally required to incriminate yourself.

You know why I pulled you over?
- No..
Shit, me neither. Well, have a good one...
- Wait! I rolled that stop sign!
Well why didn't you say so?!
06-05-2016, 09:43 AM
The woman was being willfully obstructionist, and continued to act in a confrontational manner in response the the police's perfectly legitimate questions. She had obviously breached a traffic law, and was simply trying to give the officer a hard time. Worse, as an attorney and therefore an officer of the court, she should've known better than to carry on like a petulant grade-schooler caught chewing gum in class.

I would've arrested her for being 65 pounds overweight, if nothing else. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Hopefully her lawsuit will teach them to respect rights ...
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-05-2016, 11:24 AM
(05-05-2016 07:24 PM)BnW Wrote:  ... Well, sort of

My favorite part of this story is how they arrest her for exercising her right to remain silent and then tell her she has the right to remain silent.

For those of you who are fans of irony, that's some serious hardcore fucking irony right there.

I have to wonder as they recited her rights, if it had ever occurred to them they were arresting for exercising her own right to remain silent?

At some point the lightbulb should come on and they should think....

"Oh, I see what you did there."

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-05-2016, 08:06 PM
(06-05-2016 09:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:  The woman was being willfully obstructionist, and continued to act in a confrontational manner in response the the police's perfectly legitimate questions. She had obviously breached a traffic law, and was simply trying to give the officer a hard time. Worse, as an attorney and therefore an officer of the court, she should've known better than to carry on like a petulant grade-schooler caught chewing gum in class.

I would've arrested her for being 65 pounds overweight, if nothing else. Big Grin

You're an idiot.
I suppose you think women who dress in skimpy skirts are just asking to be raped and that's their own fault.