You have the right to remain silent...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: You have the right to remain silent...
(08-05-2016 12:21 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 12:13 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I get that. He searched until he found something he could give me a ticket for -- when I was pulled over for something else entirely.

He nearly gave me a ticket for only having one license plate, but the front bumper had no place for one.

The car was built at a time when not every state required front and back.

Yeah that's Bullshit.

He actually got on one knee to examine the bumper better to make sure there wasn't a spot for the license plate.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 12:26 AM
(08-05-2016 12:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 12:21 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Yeah that's Bullshit.

He actually got on one knee to examine the bumper better to make sure there wasn't a spot for the license plate.

Maybe he liked your car so much he was proposing to it

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-05-2016, 12:33 AM
(08-05-2016 12:26 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 12:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He actually got on one knee to examine the bumper better to make sure there wasn't a spot for the license plate.

Maybe he liked your car so much he was proposing to it

It was pretty cool. Very classic muscle car. It looked like this....except my paint job wasn't as good.

[Image: nn9s1y.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-05-2016, 12:37 AM
(08-05-2016 12:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 10:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Texas has a required safety inspection for vehicles which you cannot pass without both headlights working. I've never heard of an officer doing a safety check in the field, though.

As of 2012, when I left California, they didn't have a safety inspection, only a smog check.

So far as I know, both states require both headlights operational for the vehicle to be on a public roadway, regardless the time of day.

This was 1992. There was no reason for him to demand to check my lights. The ticket was dropped within a few hours.

My boss was very pissed.

Oh, I'm not arguing your facts, only relating what I do know at the time being.

It does sound like what we in the military call "chickenshit" -- bullying up a minor gig for whatever reason, be it ego, bad day, and so forth.
08-05-2016, 12:04 PM
(08-05-2016 12:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 10:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Texas has a required safety inspection for vehicles which you cannot pass without both headlights working. I've never heard of an officer doing a safety check in the field, though.

As of 2012, when I left California, they didn't have a safety inspection, only a smog check.

So far as I know, both states require both headlights operational for the vehicle to be on a public roadway, regardless the time of day.

This was 1992. There was no reason for him to demand to check my lights. The ticket was dropped within a few hours.

My boss was very pissed.
1992? I think it's time to let it go.

Oh crap!
08-05-2016, 12:13 PM

We do have safety inspections here but I see a lot of cars and trucks on the road that look as though they are held together with baling twine and bubble gum.

I had to give my Blazer to my daughter in another state due to it's inability to pass the emissions tests in TX. Car ran great, no one was able to diagnose the problem (I still think it was some electrical glitch in the monitoring system), all safety equipment was in proper working order...ticked me off. I had to get a different car but still see cars on the road that are one step away from the junkyard. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post