You have to be FUCKING kidding me!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2012, 09:25 PM
You have to be FUCKING kidding me!
Well that was a short lived victory.

Fucking Government have rushed through legislation that overturns the verdict. Pandering to the fucking Christians I suppose! Here's the report for anyone who wants to read it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2012, 11:15 PM
RE: You have to be FUCKING kidding me!
Correction... The article reads as though they ARE rushing, not HAVE RUSHED through so I think there still a chance to vote it down if enough MPs have got the balls.

I noticed this line from the link... "undermining the very foundations of the British nation"... was not that said about the abolition or slavery, womens' right to vote and Darwin's Origin of Species etc etc.

I suggest that if the cause IS lost, wherever prayers are said as part of an official civic agenda, atheist should insist that it should be preceded by a reading from the Talmud and followed by some tuneless wailing in Arabic and then a compulsory viewing of Science Saved my Soul ( http://www.youtube.com/user/philhellenes...6w2M50_Xdk )
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-02-2012, 02:57 AM
... I love how we have to have court actions to stop people from visibly acknowledging the invisible maniac, and it's not because it's fucking dumb, it's because everyone has a slightly different invisible maniac and might get offended.

Why can't they just say short little prayers in the privacy of their minds if they're so fucking pious?

Methinks it's just that putting up a facade of Christianity still appeals to the voters.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
18-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I thought that would never happen over in the UK. Scary how things change so fast.
18-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I've noticed a few politicians talking about praying and religion recently.

Mark my words soon we will have the same bs here about chrisians being oppressed, that politicians in america play up to.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
18-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Yes its proper gash Sad

There is also this.........

Quote:Food bank use rises dramatically in Britain

Tens of thousands of Britons are struggling to make ends meet, forcing ever greater numbers to resort to the use of food banks.There are now 163 food banks in the UK. In 2011 alone there was one opening every week.

Food banks were first launched in 2000 by the Trussell Trust to address the problem of providing emergency provisions of food to people who had no money. People are referred from Citizens Advice, GPs (doctors), social workers and school liaison officers. Each person is entitled to three vouchers at a time, with each voucher exchanged for an emergency bag of food that lasts approximately three days.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2012/feb201...-f09.shtml

So who are the Trussel Trust???

Quote:The Trussell Trust is a Christian charity that does not affiliate itself with any political party and currently receives no government funding. We are non-judgemental and inclusive, providing assistance to people of all backgrounds and all faiths or none who are found to be in genuine need. For more information contact molly.hodson@trusselltrust.org

http://www.trusselltrust.org/

They just love preying on the most vunerable.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-02-2012, 01:34 PM
(18-02-2012 01:26 PM)bemore Wrote:  They just love preying on the most vunerable.......like vultures some of them Angry

They're doing something good and they're the one's doing it. You feel like setting up a secular alternative please do. But answer me this, is it (a) better or (b) worse that meals are being provided for those in need.

Don't hate on them just 'cos they're theists - they have explicitly said that they don't discriminate on those grounds, even in the quote that you yourself posted.

Was I a homeless guy, I couldn't give two shits if you wanted to rabbit on about God to me provided you gave me a meal.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-02-2012, 06:19 PM
It could always be worse, boys.

You could live in Ireland.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
18-02-2012, 06:23 PM
(18-02-2012 06:19 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  It could always be worse, boys.

You could live in Ireland.

Good point Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
18-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Hitman for the Lord ... Mr Pickles. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post