You have to be FUCKING kidding me!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2012, 07:54 PM
RE: You have to be FUCKING kidding me!
(18-02-2012 06:40 PM)kim Wrote:  Hitman for the Lord ... Mr Pickles. Dodgy

Didn't you used to have a cat named Mr. Pickles back when you were 12? Wink

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 06:44 PM
RE: You have to be FUCKING kidding me!
(17-02-2012 09:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Here's the report for anyone who wants to read it.

I thought this line was interesting:

Quote:The Localism Act 2011 establishes a "general power of competence" enabling councils legally to do anything an individual could do unless specifically prohibited by law.

Sounds like what the US Supreme Court just did for corporations, only for the government.

So, diverting from the topic slightly, I am curious what you all think about this: would it be okay if the council members agreed unanimously to open their meetings with prayer (on the grounds that they are all Christians and feel they ought to do so), as long as each new member has a chance to override it? Put it another way: is there anything wrong with a local council deciding to do something that seems natural, that they all agree ought to be done, that they think is in the community's best interest and to which nobody is objecting, even if that thing is religious?

I am wondering if the backlash from the religious side of this comes from Christians not wanting to feel like they are selling their souls in order to be in politics (I just made myself lol), and how distant, fundamentally, a politician must be from its own beliefs to maintain a healthy separation of church and state. (I suppose it's hardest to have that separation in a society where the dominant religion is a big intolerant one and averages aren't working in your favor.)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply