You have to fix everything, before you can do a job.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 08:49 AM
You have to fix everything, before you can do a job.
Ever notice -- you go to do some fairly simple job - only to find the one indispensable tool for the job, needs fixing first????

And odds are -- you won't have the parts to fix it on hand. You'll need to go somewhere to get the parts.

But - they're not open today, because it's the weekend.....

And Monday, when you show up - they're out of stock and need to backorder the thing.

Then, when you finally get the tool fixed -- you find out that wasn't the problem in the first fucking place?????

Angry

This is where cursing originated.............................................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-01-2017, 09:08 AM
RE: You have to fix everything, before you can do a job.
I hate fixing things. It's never straight forward. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Biker's Law -- any job will take 3 times as long as predicted, cost twice as much, requires at least 2 trips to the hardware, and at least 1 beer break.

And ample cursing.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-01-2017, 06:07 PM
You take beer breaks? I usually find that most jobs take twice as long as they should because beer is involved in the whole process. Laughat

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-01-2017, 06:09 PM
(07-01-2017 09:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Biker's Law -- any job will take 3 times as long as predicted, cost twice as much, requires at least 2 trips to the hardware, and at least 1 beer break.

And ample cursing.

Plumbers' law, no matter how many tools you take with you you will need the one you forgot!
07-01-2017, 06:20 PM
(07-01-2017 09:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Biker's Law -- any job will take 3 times as long as predicted, cost twice as much, requires at least 2 trips to the hardware, and at least 1 beer break.

And ample cursing.

I always hated fixing shit. I'd end up sweating, cursing, and using bits of wire and duct tape. These days, if possible, I get someone else to do the job whilst I have an extended beer break.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
07-01-2017, 06:23 PM
I feels it brother. Today I am making a custom cabinet for inside the sewing room closet. The first two hours were clearing a space in the garage big enough. Then finding all the stuff.
07-01-2017, 06:37 PM
I've always liked fixing things.
I'm usually good at it, but I can't do much anymore due to physical limitations.
I hate that.
Dodgy
07-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Yes...all this.

Never fails then the thing you were convinced would be quick still ends up taking double the amount of time you originally thought it would take.

This is why my man puts (nearly) everything on his three year plan, things that aren't completed during that time are pushed back to the five year plan, and if not then, he says fuck it I'll fix it when we move.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-01-2017, 07:00 PM
I had to move stuff all over my mother in law's garage in order to fit the truck in. What with the wind and rain, there's no way I'm gonna get the roof of the cab cleaned up and painted in my driveway. On my way over to her house with it, I can smell asbestos getting hot. I'm thinking it's somebody's clutch. Nope, it's the fucking brakes. I somehow got contamination in the system, and had already replaced the master and bled the system clear, about two months ago. So, now I have to replace every rubber part downstream of the master cylinder. My cost is about $120 for parts (I'm relining the back brakes while I'm at it). It's a good thing I can do it myself, because this would be pushing $1k if I had to have it done. And I have no idea where the contamination came from. Dodgy Now that the truck is 20 miles away, I have to put all the tools in the trunk of my new car (including the floor jack!) and truck them over there. I'll make a list and check it thrice so that I don't have to make another trip for tools. In my prime I could do this shit all day long, but I had a hoist to raise the vehicle up, and didn't have to sit Indian style on the cold concrete floor in the dark with a drop light. Angry I'm getting too old for this shit, and it'll probably take me all day to do a job that I used to be able to do in 2 hours. First world problem, too. Laugh out load