You heathens asked to seen regrown limbs ... well here's your miracle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: You heathens asked to seen regrown limbs ... well here's your miracle
I think they have been doing this for a little while haven't they? Using pig organs to do stuff like this?

Anyway, I am waiting for human stem cell research. The cure to all debilitating diseases, cure to having your face, limbs or organs blown off or out or eaten by a bear.

You could be half a head and chest with no rib cage left, no stomach or limbs. Missing your kidneys and down to one lung and no skin or hair or teeth or eyes or a tongue and "somehow" still alive and STILL, stem cells will be able to put you back to normal as if none of that terrible stuff ever happened.

Inject you with that fetal crap and BAM! Regrow...EVERYTHING!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 09:26 PM
(05-05-2014 09:12 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I think they have been doing this for a little while haven't they? Using pig organs to do stuff like this?

Anyway, I am waiting for human stem cell research. The cure to all debilitating diseases, cure to having your face, limbs or organs blown off or out or eaten by a bear.

You could be half a head and chest with no rib cage left, no stomach or limbs. Missing your kidneys and down to one lung and no skin or hair or teeth or eyes or a tongue and "somehow" still alive and STILL, stem cells will be able to put you back to normal as if none of that terrible stuff ever happened.

That's not entirely accurate, unfortunately.

Embryonic stem cells have seen practically no clinical success, at least with humans; when transplanted in they are most often destroyed by the body's immune system for being foreign before they can repair any damage. Same thing happens to donor organs, actually.
It is known as rejection. In the case of organ transplants, we are able to use antirejection medications and immunosuppressants, but thanks to the stigma surrounding ESCs, not much funding is diverted to studying the uses of them in humans for ESC transplants.

Good side of that news is that we actually have seen results in humanised mice (mice with functional human immune systems) accepting the transplants while under immunosuppressants.

Make no mistake, we are still a very long way off of using embryonic stem cells for therapies. Fortunately, we have autologous stem cell therapies to cover for us in the meantime.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-05-2014, 09:33 PM
(01-05-2014 05:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  "Medical scientists have figured out how to grow new muscle in injured patients by using extra-cellular matrix derived from pig bladder."

Damnit!

I wish I wasn't Jewish sometimes.

Sadcryface

They were,t talking about growing *that* back. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-05-2014, 10:48 PM
(05-05-2014 09:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 09:12 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I think they have been doing this for a little while haven't they? Using pig organs to do stuff like this?

That's not entirely accurate, unfortunately.

Embryonic stem cells have seen practically no clinical success, at least with humans; when transplanted in they are most often destroyed by the body's immune system for being foreign before they can repair any damage. Same thing happens to donor organs, actually.
It is known as rejection. In the case of organ transplants, we are able to use antirejection medications and immunosuppressants, but thanks to the stigma surrounding ESCs, not much funding is diverted to studying the uses of them in humans for ESC transplants.

Good side of that news is that we actually have seen results in humanised mice (mice with functional human immune systems) accepting the transplants while under immunosuppressants.

Make no mistake, we are still a very long way off of using embryonic stem cells for therapies. Fortunately, we have autologous stem cell therapies to cover for us in the meantime.

Well, yes! I know its not ready yet. However, Once we figure out how to get it working without rejection (think of the story of Adam Jensen in Deus Ex III with the same kind of problem. ) It will revolutionize the medical world. NO! it will revolutionize HUMANITY!!!

At least that is what I hope.
06-05-2014, 01:00 AM
(05-05-2014 10:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Well, yes! I know its not ready yet. However, Once we figure out how to get it working without rejection (think of the story of Adam Jensen in Deus Ex III with the same kind of problem. ) It will revolutionize the medical world. NO! it will revolutionize HUMANITY!!!

Except the crux of DX:HR was human augmentation (using mechanical replacements to exceed natural human capabilities and potential), not just cell regeneration. Jensen's unique ability was his body's capacity to accept all of it's mechanical additions and replacements without rejection (and thus the life-long dependence on the cost prohibitive anti-rejection medication Neuropozyne), not the rejection of organ transplants or tissue regrown with stem cells.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-05-2014, 12:30 AM
(06-05-2014 01:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 10:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Well, yes! I know its not ready yet. However, Once we figure out how to get it working without rejection (think of the story of Adam Jensen in Deus Ex III with the same kind of problem. ) It will revolutionize the medical world. NO! it will revolutionize HUMANITY!!!

Except the crux of DX:HR was human augmentation (using mechanical replacements to exceed natural human capabilities and potential), not just cell regeneration. Jensen's unique ability was his body's capacity to accept all of it's mechanical additions and replacements without rejection (and thus the life-long dependence on the cost prohibitive anti-rejection medication Neuropozyne), not the rejection of organ transplants or tissue regrown with stem cells.

Its basically the same thing, I was using that as a similar argument. In both cases, the cells and the augments are being rejected. Both for two different reasons.

I was using the Jensen gene thing as an example of that we need to find that special gene X or whatever the missing link we need to make everything work. Think of it as the update that makes the stemcell growth completely compatible with your body and it starts working and doing its think and growing exactly what you want it to grow.

It was a similar circumstance example.
07-05-2014, 04:49 AM
(07-05-2014 12:30 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 01:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Except the crux of DX:HR was human augmentation (using mechanical replacements to exceed natural human capabilities and potential), not just cell regeneration. Jensen's unique ability was his body's capacity to accept all of it's mechanical additions and replacements without rejection (and thus the life-long dependence on the cost prohibitive anti-rejection medication Neuropozyne), not the rejection of organ transplants or tissue regrown with stem cells.

Its basically the same thing, I was using that as a similar argument. In both cases, the cells and the augments are being rejected. Both for two different reasons.

I was using the Jensen gene thing as an example of that we need to find that special gene X or whatever the missing link we need to make everything work. Think of it as the update that makes the stemcell growth completely compatible with your body and it starts working and doing its think and growing exactly what you want it to grow.

It was a similar circumstance example.

I doubt that exists.

The reason extracorporeal (outside the body) things are rejected by the immune system is because of how the body recognises 'self' and 'non-self', it does this through little protein constructs called glycoproteins which allow recognition.

Naturally metal and other such implants don't have such structures, so they are immediately attacked as being foreign.
However, while stem cells and the cells of transplant organs and bacteria do indeed have these recognition sites, they are wrong, which causes the immune response: Every individual has subtly different glycoproteins; not to are the same as far as the immune system cares.

Were one a carrier of a gene which would stop this rejection process, they would effectively have no immune response to pretty much anything.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.