You heathens ready for Christmas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: You heathens ready for Christmas?
(16-12-2014 12:58 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 11:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Christmas Eve isn't a stat day so you'll only get holiday pay for Christmas day and Boxing Day.

Why do you have to ruin my Christmas?

So I'm not the only one having a sucky Christmas.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2014, 10:04 AM
My wife and I are enjoying my seven-month-old son this year. She asked whether or not I wanted him to believe in Santa. I said sure. The reason being is that when he discovers Santa isn't real, then if he asks about Jesus, I'll say, "Remember what we told you about Santa?"
I like the Christmas season although the story of the birth of Jesus in song sometimes becomes annoying. My fundamentalist sister-in-law has taught her children that "Santa is fake" as my four-year-old niece told me while watching the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. But she is too young to talk about textual criticism of the Bible and why Jesus is just as real (or fake) as Santa Claus.

Tom
[+] 1 user Likes Citizen's post
16-12-2014, 10:18 AM
(16-12-2014 10:04 AM)Citizen Wrote:  My wife and I are enjoying my seven-month-old son this year. She asked whether or not I wanted him to believe in Santa. I said sure. The reason being is that when he discovers Santa isn't real, then if he asks about Jesus, I'll say, "Remember what we told you about Santa?"
I like the Christmas season although the story of the birth of Jesus in song sometimes becomes annoying. My fundamentalist sister-in-law has taught her children that "Santa is fake" as my four-year-old niece told me while watching the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. But she is too young to talk about textual criticism of the Bible and why Jesus is just as real (or fake) as Santa Claus.

That's a good idea. I believed in Santa when I was a little girl. I think it's ok to believe in fairytales when you're a little tike, as long as you learn the truth and grow out of it.

We just got our tree up last night. I don't like the tree to be up for a whole damn month like some people. There's one present under it so far and I'm online shopping for a few things. I'm always late shopping mostly because I like the excitement of the hussle-bussle of the Winter Season Solstice.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-12-2014, 10:49 AM
We have the usual - tree is up and decoarted, stockings are up, some lights, cookie decorating, and gift buying has begun.

I should go out today to get stocking stuffers because the kids school break starts on Thursday and its kind of hard to shop for them when they are in tow.

We don't have family in town (saw my sister at Thanksgiving), so its just the four of us (husband and two girls), we are pretty chilled out and spend the day in our pajamas playing with new stuff.

I havent started wrapping, I seem to be in slow gear this year.

I did get my Christmas cards out though.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-12-2014, 05:22 PM
(15-12-2014 09:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Then I still have to find some holiday gifts. I have the ones for my parents, but I'll be damned if I know what to get my little brother. I'd like to get him his own dog, but my mom would kill me. Every boy needs a puppy dog to grow up with.
show mom this

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wildern...-need-pets

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
16-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Ok, update (like anyone cares). I got myself a bunch of stuff today.

That's all. Fuck this holiday.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-12-2014, 06:08 PM
(16-12-2014 05:22 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 09:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Then I still have to find some holiday gifts. I have the ones for my parents, but I'll be damned if I know what to get my little brother. I'd like to get him his own dog, but my mom would kill me. Every boy needs a puppy dog to grow up with.
show mom this

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wildern...-need-pets

Show everyone this. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Heading out tomorrow to Alabama the beautiful. Thirteen fun-filled hours of driving 800 miles while avoiding being crushed to death by 18 wheelers doing 80 mph.

The pot at the end of the rainbow is I’ll get to visit with friends and play a bit of golf if it’s not too cold. I may also get a chance to see KC again, bastard owes me a drink. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-12-2014, 06:25 PM
All set with gifts and stuff.

Now, I just have to get through the week with the born again brother in law that thinks Rick Perry is going to make a great president. Weeping

There has to be a bridge I can jump from. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
16-12-2014, 06:37 PM
(16-12-2014 05:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, update (like anyone cares). I got myself a bunch of stuff today.

That's all. Fuck this holiday.

Mom, this is just for you Heart

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post