FC thanks!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-12-2014, 06:46 PM
RE: You heathens ready for Christmas?
(16-12-2014 07:34 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Ready for it to be over. The only bright spot in it for me is seeing a smile on my mother's face. Outside that it is a self centered holiday and nothing more than a corporate excuse to sell crap you don't need.

Religious "IT'S MAGIC BABY DAY"

Corporate Merka "BUY SHIT BUY SHIT, HEY, IN CASE YOU FORGOT, BUY SHIT"

BARF!

Several years ago I scaled way, way back on the buy shit aspect of Christmas and worked to make it more about a day of being together as a family. The exception is the little kids - I still enjoy the excitement in the ones that still appreciate the magic of it. Everyone else needs to just be thankful that I actually cook on major holidays.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-12-2014, 12:49 AM
I will be having some booze, a lot of snacks. Gonna roast me some hot dogs and marshmellows over an open fire in the fireplace I only use once a year. Maybe find myself some chestnuts and try those for the first time. I never had them before so I might want to find some.

Also, ordered myself surge for an Xmas gift. Surge will make my celebration complete.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
17-12-2014, 07:25 AM
(17-12-2014 12:49 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Maybe find myself some chestnuts and try those for the first time. I never had them before so I might want to find some.

I tried a roasted chestnut for the first time last weekend. It was probably also the last time. It wasn't exactly bad... more tasteless with just a touch of why the hell am I eating this?
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
17-12-2014, 08:14 AM
No I am not ready. I do not enjoy Christmas, even when I was a Christian I did not like the season. I do not plan on doing anything different other than not going to church. Going to hang out with the family, eat to much and exchange gifts. I have a family where we all like each other and most of us live close. We get together almost every weekend for dinner, so it is not like Christmas is a special reason for us to do that.
18-12-2014, 01:54 PM
There are already at least two threads on this. You people keep getting me excited about next week. *Lienda wishes to horde the peppermint*
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
18-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Started on the mound of wrapping. Every year I try to come up with different characters for the tags. One year we all received headlamps from Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer, so we could pretend to be him. Another year the girls got their first purses and first make up kits from Mrs Claus.

This year they are getting Gallifrey University tshirts from Bad Wolf and Buddy the Elf is bringing a member of the family a kit from Little bits.

I never remembered who bought me anything when I was a kid, but my kids seem to remember these ones.

just a little bit of fun.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
18-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Kinda sucks, I have to work next Monday and it would had been Tuesday but I used some of my PTO.
Was looking forward to having a short Christmas Va-K, but it looks like that is dimishing because our company is getting ready for valintines day which means tens of thousands of heart shaped boxes of chocolate need to be packed.

Ugh.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
18-12-2014, 04:15 PM
(17-12-2014 12:49 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I will be having some booze, a lot of snacks. Gonna roast me some hot dogs and marshmellows over an open fire in the fireplace I only use once a year. Maybe find myself some chestnuts and try those for the first time. I never had them before so I might want to find some.

Also, ordered myself surge for an Xmas gift. Surge will make my celebration complete.

Sounds about right! Thumbsup
[Image: santa2.jpg]

18-12-2014, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 06:26 PM by beeglez.)
I love Christmas! We do Secret Santa at work, and get little $1-$2 gifts in our stockings every day this week, then a bigger gift at the Holiday Party on Monday. I like the decorations, all the cheesy movies, and Christmas music, including the traditional religious ones.

And yes, I'm ready. As of Monday, I had not done any shopping other than for work Secret Santa, but I did it all on Monday in a shopping marathon. That was less than fun, but I like almost everything else about the holiday. Well, except for the stupid 'War on Christmas' shit, and the relentless 'It's Merry Christmas, NOT Happy Holidays" crap from Christian friends.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post