You kids DO know about this place, I hope.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2012, 03:48 PM
You kids DO know about this place, I hope.
http://www.atheistmedia.com/

Great new vid w Dawkins and Krauss.

There goes the evening. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-05-2012, 08:31 PM
RE: You kids DO know about this place, I hope.
Thanks, I'll watch this when I get home Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
01-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks for this. I enjoyed the last few they did together. Will listen to this one while I work tomorrow.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
02-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks, I didn't find that one! Will check it out after I feed the horses, pig, chickens, duck, etc.
02-05-2012, 09:15 AM
I love that everyone updates when they will watch this, lol. I will watch it either later this afternoon or tonight after the day winds down. Smile

(small things amuse me, hrmmmmmm....)
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
02-05-2012, 09:20 AM
I have carefully scheduled my day. I will begin watching this at 3:41 this afternoon. Should I encounter an unforeseen scheduling conflict, I have added an alternate date and time. My alternate is July 16, 2014, at 6:22am.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
02-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Just watched it. That questioner at around 1:10 annoyed me greatly. Does he seriously think that people on the Internet really think of people like Dawkins and Neil DeGrasse Tyson as Gods? Wow, he needs to get a sense of humor.

I joke about NGT being a God out of jest if not for the mild mocking of real religions. Seriously, does he think we kneel and bow to these scientists when we make a 4chan picture depicting them like Gods???

I personally don't agree 100% with these scientists, but I do highly respect their opinions and their knowledge of science. I don't share Dawkins' zeal for militant Atheism, but I agree with him 100% on evolution.

/endrant

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
(02-05-2012 12:12 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I joke about NGT being a God...

Shocking

Apostate. We burn them. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2012, 05:10 PM
(02-05-2012 03:56 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 12:12 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I joke about NGT being a God...

Shocking

Apostate. We burn them. Tongue
The proper deGrassian way would be to let the body decompose in the Earth so that flora and fauna may dine upon it as it has dined upon them.

Know your deGrassian scripture infidel!!!!

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
03-08-2012, 12:08 AM
(02-05-2012 12:12 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Just watched it. That questioner at around 1:10 annoyed me greatly. Does he seriously think that people on the Internet really think of people like Dawkins and Neil DeGrasse Tyson as Gods? Wow, he needs to get a sense of humor.

I joke about NGT being a God out of jest if not for the mild mocking of real religions. Seriously, does he think we kneel and bow to these scientists when we make a 4chan picture depicting them like Gods???

I personally don't agree 100% with these scientists, but I do highly respect their opinions and their knowledge of science. I don't share Dawkins' zeal for militant Atheism, but I agree with him 100% on evolution.

/endrant

I would be willing to bet that if we prayed to the scientists, our prayers would be answered more often then if we prayed to the gods of the religions. lol, some food for thought.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post