You know those Christian feel-good stories about "abandoning your old secular life"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2017, 04:44 PM
You know those Christian feel-good stories about "abandoning your old secular life"
Well, this one made me chuckle quite a bit:
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/d...ed-of-you/

It seemed pretty legit, like "Okay, this person became more and more exposed to the extreme parts of 'The Left' as they grew older and wanted an "identity" that wasn't such a squeeze to fit into."

...then I read this:
Quote:But there has got to be a better tribe.

That leads me to . . . drum roll . . . the Christian Right.

[Image: 0hQyd5L.gif]

Quote:I have come this close to buying a giant poster of the American flag for the living room. I may do it still.

[Image: 45fdd4cc5bd595066def55c73e277d210983a57c...e12298.jpg]

Quote:We just finished watching a BBC miniseries about the birth of Jesus, which was so beautiful and moving compared to secular TV.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Oh, old Facebook church friends, you never disappoint me. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
02-04-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: You know those Christian feel-good stories about "abandoning your old secular life"
Well, evidently brain death is preferable for some. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
03-04-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: You know those Christian feel-good stories about "abandoning your old secular life"
Why would I abadon it? I now get to sleep late on Sundays and actually get to watch the NFL pregame shows.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
03-04-2017, 11:40 AM
(03-04-2017 11:15 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Why would I abadon it? I now get to sleep late on Sundays and actually get to watch the NFL pregame shows.

Careful, it's debatable as to which is more boring, Sunday service or the NFL's advertisement infomercials that pass for entertainment.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-04-2017, 09:47 PM
(03-04-2017 11:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 11:15 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Why would I abadon it? I now get to sleep late on Sundays and actually get to watch the NFL pregame shows.

Careful, it's debatable as to which is more boring, Sunday service or the NFL's advertisement infomercials that pass for entertainment.

I prefer E sports lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin