You know, tsunamis suck

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2011, 08:06 PM

You know, tsunamis suck
Even though I think dream interpretation is crap there are some interesting qualities they have. For example, for months now I've been having nightmares about tsunamis where I will be near a beach and the tide will start going farther and farther out. At that point I'll realize I'm fucked and will take off running, even though running isn't going to do jack shit against a huge ass wave.

Eventually the waves always find me. Life for me kind of has that quality lately.

I hate tsunamis.
Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2011, 12:20 AM
RE: You know, tsunamis suck
Your unconscious mind is reflecting the loss of control you are feeling in your life ( the tide is slipping out, you know 'it's' coming). Perhaps also some anxiety? That sucks to feel that way. I've been there, with life and with bear dreams. You need to take action in your waking life to regain a sense of control. Hope it works out for you! May your dreams be beachy-keen soon!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2011, 02:59 PM
As far as I know, dreams come from emotions you pick up at wake time but you don't give enough attention too. When you sleep, they come back for further processing.

There must be something bothering you... Something you may haven't even noticed...

(It's either that or to much greasy food right before bedtime Big Grin)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
16-07-2011, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2011 07:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
Great Eliot quote, Diclonius. Spent many years in my youth reading that crazy ass genius. Time for me to reread him.

This is the dead land
This is cactus land

(16-07-2011 02:59 PM)The_observer Wrote:  As far as I know, dreams come from emotions you pick up at wake time but you don't give enough attention too. When you sleep, they come back for further processing.

Nah, I'm pretty sure they're just spontaneous arbitrary byproducts as the brain sorts shit out and moves it from short-term to long-term storage while we sleep. I sure do like 'em though. Wink

(16-07-2011 02:59 PM)The_observer Wrote:  (It's either that or to much greasy food right before bedtime Big Grin)

Babies should not be consumed after 2100 hours. Indigestion is sure to result.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
17-07-2011, 12:37 AM
(16-07-2011 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah, I'm pretty sure they're just spontaneous arbitrary byproducts as the brain sorts shit out and moves it from short-term to long-term storage while we sleep. I sure do like 'em though. Wink
Interesting.
I'll think about that for a while....

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.