You know what, Atheists are jerks. (sometimes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: You know what, Atheists are jerks. (sometimes)
I'm all in favor of insulting stupid beliefs.
Also all in favor of allowing people the freedom to have those stupid beliefs.

They are free to have them and I am free to ridicule them.
Actions have consequences.
If you have a firm belief that Elvis is walking around and possibly working as the mall Santa, I'm gonna call you stupid

Cause you are

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
23-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Believing something stupid and being stupid are entirely different Tongue.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
24-11-2013, 01:16 AM
I agree that Atheists are often jerks. I don't agree with the idea that they shouldn't be. They may not possess the virtue of being nice, but they do possess a far more important one, that of being right.

I think there is some truth to the stereotypes about Atheism. We are angry, as we ought to be. One outrageous crime against humanity after another is carried out in the name of god each day. Our very society is on the line.

We are intelligent. In my opinion, the very slowest of our thinkers can more than match the very best religion has to offer. Provided an Atheist is an Atheist because he has reasoned it out, he displays intelligence lacking in many religious people all over the world. Discovering the lie of religion, simply makes one more perceptive. Having done so, marks one as being a superior thinker.

Many of us hate religion. We hate it with the passion that one hates a great moral evil, for example, slavery. We endlessly endeavor to end its choke hold over the world. We are "relentless".

Some things need to be said, no matter how much they hurt. Some truths are better than fluffy nice bullshit. I hope to always be on the side of those who are speaking what they know for certain to be true, regardless of how the theist community might view it.

I would rather ally myself with the worst, most frustratingly arrogant Atheist against Theism, than waste precious time and energy correcting his attitude. When we have won, and the world stands free of delusion, then I will gladly deal with him. He is better on his worst day, than the religious I encounter every day.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 4 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
24-11-2013, 01:30 AM
(24-11-2013 01:16 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I agree that Atheists are often jerks. I don't agree with the idea that they shouldn't be. They may not possess the virtue of being nice, but they do possess a far more important one, that of being right.

I think there is some truth to the stereotypes about Atheism. We are angry, as we ought to be. One outrageous crime against humanity after another is carried out in the name of god each day. Our very society is on the line.

We are intelligent. In my opinion, the very slowest of our thinkers can more than match the very best religion has to offer. Provided an Atheist is an Atheist because he has reasoned it out, he displays intelligence lacking in many religious people all over the world. Discovering the lie of religion, simply makes one more perceptive. Having done so, marks one as being a superior thinker.

Many of us hate religion. We hate it with the passion that one hates a great moral evil, for example, slavery. We endlessly endeavor to end its choke hold over the world. We are "relentless".

Some things need to be said, no matter how much they hurt. Some truths are better than fluffy nice bullshit. I hope to always be on the side of those who are speaking what they know for certain to be true, regardless of how the theist community might view it.

I hear you. I agree with you. The issue is progress. The idea is being effective.

Being right won't get you shit in this world. Being effective will.

Being just as asinine and insulting as everyone else in stupid insult wars on comment vines does absolute dick for what needs to happen for true humanity to break free from the rhetoric. It only encourages it.

I applaud those who are relentless, but I hate mindless drones. We have what seems to be a multitude of both in this world.

Both sides have a tendency to draw up a strawman of close-mindedness and hatred of the opposition. Both sides are usually correct. Stalemate.

There has to be a better way to communicate.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
24-11-2013, 04:12 AM
(24-11-2013 01:30 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  There has to be a better way to communicate.

Yeah. Sex. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Of course some atheists are jerks , there are probably the same % of jerks among atheists as there are among theists.
Don't see how being an atheist should effect your character.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
24-11-2013, 05:56 AM
Goddamnit....now there is a Dark Phoenix for people to confuse me with? Deep Thought, Demonic Lemon, and DLJ wasn't enough?
Weeping

24-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Wait so you're making a thread just because you found some jerks on youtube ?? WOW THAT'S A NEWS TO ME!
24-11-2013, 07:27 AM
The percentage of jerk Atheists and and Jerk Theists
Is probably about the same.

100s of us . Billions of them.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
24-11-2013, 09:53 AM
(24-11-2013 07:00 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Wait so you're making a thread just because you found some jerks on youtube ?? WOW THAT'S A NEWS TO ME!

Not just on YouTube, everywhere. I don't think that we should just shrug it off as "people will be jerks"; I think we should actually try to fix it. I doubt anyone here would be like, "Well sure, slavery is bad, but it's in human nature to keep slaves. We have kept slaves or thousands of years, and we shouldn't try to change human nature." If people can change society so that slavery, misogyny, racism, etc, are no longer acceptable, why in the world should we shrug off insults on the internet as something that should be considered ordinary?

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]