You know what, Atheists are jerks. (sometimes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: You know what, Atheists are jerks. (sometimes)
Yes, atheists are very immature and childish and there behavior especially on this forum is rude at the very least.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2013, 10:04 PM
(27-11-2013 09:39 PM)Concerned Wrote:  Yes, atheists are very immature and childish and there behavior especially on this forum is rude at the very least.

"their"

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
27-11-2013, 10:11 PM
(27-11-2013 09:39 PM)Concerned Wrote:  Yes, atheists are very immature and childish and there behavior especially on this forum is rude at the very least.

Making baseless blanket statements about an entire population is pretty childish as far as I'm concerned. Especially when you seem to have no contact or experience with members of that population outside of an internet forum. Internet interactions are *supposed* to be comical and over-the-top. The internet is escapism.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 6 users Like Cephalotus's post
28-11-2013, 12:24 AM
If it deserves to be mocked, it should be.

I'm content to be the equal-opposite of these people. I do pick my battles in everyday life, but on the internet, all claims are fair game. If I get a chance to present a new point of view; to rattle the cage a bit, I will. If that makes me a jerk, then so be it. The disease of irrational belief must be eradicated.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
28-11-2013, 12:34 AM
(27-11-2013 09:12 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 09:08 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Now I could give a damn about being PC, but insulting someone for something someone else did a hundred or a thousand years ago hardly seems effective. Is it a good point to bring up in a debate? Sure. But as an excuse to be an anonymous asshole on the net? No

I agree - in theory ---
BUT
the current day blame/ridicule/insults are generally done because those of today tend to skip over or whitewash their own religion's past doings. When all the crimes of religion have been put in check - I agree to be PC 100% of the time.

I've yet to see religions clear up their bloody pasts and those devout today don't seem to mind what their history is. This is where, I think, a great deal of venom comes from.

my 2 cents worth
Sadcryface

Did I ever tell you....that I FUCKING LOVE YOU......?

Shocking

Angel

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
28-11-2013, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2013 12:42 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(28-11-2013 12:24 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  If it deserves to be mocked, it should be.

I'm content to be the equal-opposite of these people. I do pick my battles in everyday life, but on the internet, all claims are fair game. If I get a chance to present a new point of view; to rattle the cage a bit, I will. If that makes me a jerk, then so be it. The disease of irrational belief must be eradicated.
QFTMFT.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
28-11-2013, 12:54 AM
What are you aiming to accomplish here, may I ask?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
28-11-2013, 01:00 AM
(28-11-2013 12:54 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
What are you aiming to accomplish here, may I ask?

Fishing expedition, so best just to ignore her. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-11-2013, 05:35 PM
(28-11-2013 12:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  QFTMFT.

What does that stand for? Consider

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
28-11-2013, 06:01 PM
(28-11-2013 05:35 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 12:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  QFTMFT.

What does that stand for? Consider

I had to Google it. What I came up with is "quote for the mother fucking truth".

Still not sure who what where or why, but I don't really care so much.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco