You know what really grinds my gears........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: You know what really grinds my gears........
Latest news, it was 717 people dead. Unbelievable.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Of all the ways to die, being crushed to death has to be near the bottom of my list.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
25-09-2015, 05:40 PM
don't forget the 100 or so who died when the crane fell over....
25-09-2015, 09:56 PM
It's a little horrible but I'm not too fussed.
a) it didn't happen to me
b) it happened in SA
c) it happened at Mecca
d) it happened to mooslims
e) I have more important things to worry about, like if I should eat my pizza bread now or later

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
26-09-2015, 01:09 AM
I would say it's tragedy but people die every day. In car crashes, from illness, hunger and in many other ways and such deaths interest no one. Also I see no reason to be concerned about what happen in Saudi Arabia.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-09-2015, 02:09 AM
(24-09-2015 04:15 AM)Shart Wrote:  At least 310 pilgrims killed, more than 400 injured in crush at Mina outside Mecca, Saudi's civil defence reports........ in a race to throw stones at a wall ..... for religion.....

ITS 2015 AD NOT BC!!!!! AngryAngry

Unfortunately we wont ever see an end to this mass lunacy in our lifetimes ... or for a long time after we go to the great tea party in in the sky Sad

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/09/pi...02232.html

Prepare now for the government and mullas to find a problem in the West to attack and remove attention from themselves for their lack of preparation.

The same thing happened with the Danish animators.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
26-09-2015, 02:22 AM
When you ask an atheist where they get their morality from, most of the time the automatic answer is "empathy".

Wondering why that is, given the last few replies. Seems to be a scarce resource.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-09-2015, 06:36 AM
(26-09-2015 02:22 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  When you ask an atheist where they get their morality from, most of the time the automatic answer is "empathy".

Wondering why that is, given the last few replies. Seems to be a scarce resource.

Hajis are a tough bunch to feel sorry about.

It's sort of like when Jake and Elwood tried running over the Illinois Nazis -- you didn't root for the pedestrians.....

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-09-2015, 07:16 AM
(26-09-2015 02:22 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  When you ask an atheist where they get their morality from, most of the time the automatic answer is "empathy".

I don't lack empathy because I'm an Atheist.

Meanwhile "kill all non-mooslims!!11!!"
or
"Gay marriage is against my religion and so nobody should get it!!11!"

And what? you think a lack of caring is unique to Atheists? How many westerners actually give a shit about this?? Serious question. Short of saying "oh that sucks" they couldn't give a flying fuck. If westerners cared about the rest of the world they might be a little more upset when foreign civilians are killed as a "causality of war" and a little less up in harms when western soldiers are killed.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-09-2015, 07:25 AM
In a way I agree with Muffs here.

Had this number of deaths occurred due to a natural disaster or by something the victims didn't have control over, I would be more inclined to think about it on any level. To some degree this reminds me of the people who get gored or trampled when running with the bulls. The obvious decision, at least to me, is don't do it - it has the potential to be dangerous.

When you put yourself in the line of fire, don't be surprised when you get hit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post