You know what really grinds my gears?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2010, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2010 08:10 AM by Unbeliever.)
RE: You know what really grinds my gears?
Welcome to TTAF, LeviTimes. It's great to have you with us.

And don't worry about having to look for support anywhere. We're a friendly bunch of people, and most of us have first-hand experience of what's happening to you (though, in my case, it comes from outside the family, as my relatives are fairly understanding and "liberal" in their religious beliefs), so you'll always have a sympathetic ear.

And I gotta say, you have some major cajones coming out to your family as both an atheist and a homosexual at the same time. Kudos to you, man, for your courage. And if you need any help with an argument that your brother throws at you, many of the people on this site might be able to help you.
(17-08-2010 09:05 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  There are a few misfits in the group you'll have to watch out for though. Unbeliever is nasty, and I suspect his real motive for being here is to recruit for his secret cult.

"Mister Smith."
"Yes?"
"It's time."
"Stark Raving?"
"Yes. He knows too much. We have a leak."
"Don't worry, sir. It's under control."

[Image: SMITHCLONES!.jpg]

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks for your welcome, Unbeliever! I've really sensed a nice community here so far and I look forwards to getting more involved within it! Also, thanks for your compliment, but I'd be lying by omission if I didn't admit that I was terrified at the prospect of whatever hate might've come my way, even to the point of absurd paranoia. =P The stress from that alone might have cut off the few years of my life that I gained from the relief I found, lol!

I'll definitely come here if I get a question I can't find an answer to! Thanks once more for your welcome!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2010, 08:28 AM
No problem. And the paranoia thing is normal. You care about the opinions of your friends and family. That's a good thing.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
21-08-2010, 02:33 AM

hellooooo
i am new user.......
Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2010, 01:56 PM

That was interesting...
I'm not gay or a member of any cults so I really can't relate to your story. At least not on a personal level.
I have however witnessed the rage expressed when a person learns that someone else doesn't believe the same as they do. Making a claim like "My God(s) can beat up your God(s)" is far worse than any political bumper sticker I've seen.
As for the declaration of being homosexual... I've seen some people go to extremes on that too. OK so I can't get excited over looking at another guy's butt and fail to understand the attraction... but honestly I couldn't care less what someone else's preferences are. I REALLY don't understand the threats or hatred.
In reality other guys should be glad... it reduces the competition for the single girls out there. I think it's "fabulous!"
I don't believe that homosexuality is contagious so I have no fear of talking to or being friends with someone unlike myself.
Anyway good luck with your family & dealing with the people of the world. You only need answer to yourself.
Quote this message in a reply