You know what's funny?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2014, 10:47 AM
You know what's funny?
Finding among the buskers and charlatans of Puerto del Sol an American preacher, who felt the need to bring his particular message of what a scumbag he was before he found Jesus to the people of Spain. But didn't feel that calling strongly enough to learn a word or two of Spanish along the way.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
06-06-2014, 11:20 AM
RE: You know what's funny?
(06-06-2014 10:47 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Finding among the buskers and charlatans of Puerto del Sol an American preacher, who felt the need to bring his particular message of what a scumbag he was before he found Jesus to the people of Spain. But didn't feel that calling strongly enough to learn a word or two of Spanish along the way.
Its like the governor of Texas said :

English was good enough for Jesus!
[+] 2 users Like namrejaf's post
06-06-2014, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 11:59 AM by Hafnof.)
I was sure I posted this under these casual coffee house. Oh well. Still enjoying Spain things could be far worse. Downing second cerveza for the evening and about 12th for the week. Good food. Enjoying the bar I have found. Probably heading out to Toledo tomorrow.

The guy in question had a translator. I can't tell whether that makes it more reasonable or funnier. I mean, I have an excuse. How many countries bordering Australia speak Spanish as their official language? It's just about the last language I would have considered learning at school. Before this Auckland project I had no need to know such things. Now I drown in this Latin language. Half the code I write deals with colas and trenes.

The food here is good but in the centre of Sol the variety is a little slim. Do you want bocolillos? Raciones? Pinchos? Maybe a Mexican place will spice things up. But every restaurant featuring the same basic dishes. Hrrm. In Australia we don't have a national cuisine other than everything. I like this place. This post probably belongs in the drunk thread.

Note, see second cerveza indicates 500ml per. I like this bar.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
06-06-2014, 12:36 PM
(06-06-2014 11:55 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Note, see second cerveza indicates 500ml per. I like this bar.

That's less than a pint...
(although only by 12%)

S'more than a bottle, I guess.

Wait. What size are standard beer bottles in oz?

... this is my signature!
06-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Ola,

Nice to meet you Señor Hafnof.

Welcome to the forum.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-06-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't know about other people but I usually buy mine by the 500ml or so and go for something darker like a stout[1]. A standard VB is a meagre 375ml though[1].

[1] http://www.hooky.co.uk/our-beers/seasonals.ashx
[2] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Bitter

07-06-2014, 02:04 PM
I have found my favourite bar: Dehesa Santa María
http://goo.gl/maps/9GVj2

I'm heading home Tuesday. I have had a pretty good time, some things have been achieved though no program has been defined for ongoing work as yet.

But more importantly, plenty of alcohol and food has been consumed. I stopped by for a good bocadillo calamares today, and tonight potatoes prepared in the house style with chorizo.