You know what sucks?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: You know what sucks?
That sucks! A few weeks ago we were without power for about 4 or 5 hours...but when the power came back on it blew out all our Verizon FIOS stuff and it took four days to get that replaced. No TV and no Internet for four days. But at least we were warm and had light. Still sucked though. Hope they get to you sooner. Went through that a few years ago in SC...almost a week with no power and no heat. Luckily the ice took down one of the trees in our yard so it was easier to cut it up and burn in the fireplace. Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
(05-02-2014 08:15 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 06:29 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  You don't have a backup generator?

does it sound like I have a back up generator?

Hug
Bummer, that does suck. It sucks so much up it reminded me of sucky TTA gay jokes about my badass vest that everyone is just so jealous of.
Dodgy

Actually, you wanna know what else sucks?
When you get up in the middle of the night and you need to take a dump and it's dark and shit (lolpun) and you're all half asleep and you go to sit on the toilet and you totally forget to put the seat down first. I mean wtf is up with that!? amirite or amirite?

So I mean glass half full situation here, at least you didn't do that.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-02-2014, 08:27 PM
The golden rule sucks. I have to go around handing everyone $100 bills because I would like it if someone gave me a $100 bill. I have to give up my lust for money.[Image: 2012-12-09]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
05-02-2014, 08:30 PM
(05-02-2014 08:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  you're all half asleep and you go to sit on the toilet and you totally forget to put the seat down first.
Dude I live in around men, when hasn't that happened? And it doesn't help that people here forget to flush!
No
(05-02-2014 08:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I mean glass half full situation here, at least you didn't do that.
Or maybe the toilet bowl is really half full. Consider

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Yup! That sucks.

Went through hurricane Ike in Houston several years ago: for two weeks, 100 degree heat--high humidity, couldn't get out, no electricity, food ran out 8 days into it, we had to drink the water even though we were told no, and all the rations given out were in the elite parts of the city--impossible to get to, no gas anywhere.

Over all, you win the That Sucks award with me; I'd rather not freeze.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
05-02-2014, 08:36 PM
(05-02-2014 08:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 08:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  you're all half asleep and you go to sit on the toilet and you totally forget to put the seat down first.
Dude I live in around men, when hasn't that happened? And it doesn't help that people here forget to flush!
No
(05-02-2014 08:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I mean glass half full situation here, at least you didn't do that.
Or maybe the toilet bowl is really half full. Consider

ew

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-02-2014, 09:41 PM
(05-02-2014 06:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Damn dude. That's so gay it makes me think of Earmuffs in his vest and bow tie.

Sympathies.

WOT?... You can't just start throwing around words like bow tie in such a negative way. Bow ties are cool.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
07-02-2014, 08:24 PM
So, for anyone wondering, still no power/heat/water. I did drive 75 miles to but a generator but it doesn't solve the basic problems. We have space heaters and a fire going, though.

But, seriously, if I wanted to live like the Amish I'd just be Amish.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
07-02-2014, 08:28 PM
I'd be relocating my guitars or running a humifier if I could spare the water. Space heaters and fire make the house super dry.

It puts the lotion on its skin.