You know you're getting old when...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: You know you're getting old when...
One day this weekend I was finishing making a pitcher of tea. Had to to to the bathroom so I stopped what I was doing. The downstairs bathroom was occupied so I went upstairs. While up there I decided to get dressed to go get groceries. In the meantime, husband had left on an errand. I get home an hour or two later only to have husband say...'Get sidetracked?, you took the tea bags out of the basket and threw then away, had the spoon sitting alongside the pitcher, but you were gone when I got back."

OY -- wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't been back in the kitchen on my way out and walked right past the tea pitcher on my way.

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2014, 11:18 PM
My friends and I got together and one of the conversations we had was about benefits and pension plans at our jobs. It didn't strike me as significant at the time.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
28-05-2014, 11:24 PM
"Oh wow wasn't Ferdi only 15 years old just yesterday...?"
28-05-2014, 11:30 PM
You have to limit working out to stay strong and healthy because working out is crippling you faster than laying on the couch typing on the computer...fuck this getting old shit, its killing me Big Grin Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-05-2014, 11:51 PM
(28-05-2014 11:24 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  "Oh wow wasn't Ferdi only 15 years old just yesterday...?"

I remember you being 15, that was back when I was just 19. Shocking

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
29-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Your health insurance is starting to pay off.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
29-05-2014, 02:08 PM
You think about how to by cheap things to save up money, and to make sure no food goes to waste because that is money wasted.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-05-2014, 02:35 PM
(29-05-2014 12:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Your health insurance is starting to pay off.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadThumbsup

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
29-05-2014, 02:39 PM
(29-05-2014 02:08 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You think about how to by cheap things to save up money, and to make sure no food goes to waste because that is money wasted.

Thats not just getting old, thats being smart. Thumbsup

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
29-05-2014, 02:50 PM
(29-05-2014 02:39 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 02:08 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You think about how to by cheap things to save up money, and to make sure no food goes to waste because that is money wasted.

Thats not just getting old, thats being smart. Thumbsup

We call that "Occupation syndrome", after the German occupation, when people were poor and had no food. Not sure if there is an actual syndrome for that.

My grandma will eat 5 days old bread so that it doesn't go to waste, even if it's just one slice left and there's fresh bread on the table. She always complains when I leave just one bite on my plate and I'm full and I can't finish it.
That's just unhealthy compulsive behavior. Well, the extreme version of it. But old people here are quite prone to it Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-