RE: You let me down, Morgan
ROFL I saw the post and was like "What the fuck did I do now?!"

Carry on Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
18-04-2016, 03:08 PM
(18-04-2016 03:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ROFL I saw the post and was like "What the fuck did I do now?!"

Carry on Tongue

Apparently you hosted a show that did poor research.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
18-04-2016, 03:22 PM
I only caught the end of the episode and honestly couldn't tell if Morgan Freeman was smiling at Joel sarcastically or not. Lack of context, I guess...saddens me now that you've provided it, that he was smiling along with Joel's self help dribble.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2016, 03:33 PM
(18-04-2016 03:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I only caught the end of the episode and honestly couldn't tell if Morgan Freeman was smiling at Joel sarcastically or not. Lack of context, I guess...saddens me now that you've provided it, that he was smiling along with Joel's self help dribble.

I swear I've seen him say he's a man of Science in some TV interview.

"Now you've said you're a man of God..."
Freeman - "When did I say that?"
"You're not a man of God?"
Freeman - "Nooooo no..."

He goes on to say a bunch of slightly misrepresentative stuff about faith in science... But yeah, those first few lines were good enough.
18-04-2016, 05:47 PM
This happens to me all the time in real life. Just as soon as I'm pretty convinced that someone is an atheist... boom! find out they're not. Sad It's a big let-down.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
18-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Here I thought this was another "Morgan Freeman Died" announcement. They seem to come around every year or so.Big Grin
18-04-2016, 06:51 PM
(18-04-2016 03:33 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 03:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I only caught the end of the episode and honestly couldn't tell if Morgan Freeman was smiling at Joel sarcastically or not. Lack of context, I guess...saddens me now that you've provided it, that he was smiling along with Joel's self help dribble.

Freeman - "Nooooo no..."

He goes on to say a bunch of slightly misrepresentative stuff about faith in science... But yeah, those first few lines were good enough.
Weird...maybe he changes his views to suit the audience of the time? Or had a conversion or de-conversion experience?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2016, 06:54 PM
(18-04-2016 03:33 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

Freeman - "Nooooo no..."

No, you did.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
18-04-2016, 07:02 PM
(18-04-2016 03:04 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 11:19 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  i dont care. morgan freeman can do no wrong as long as shawshank redemption exists.

While I was in the same camp, watch the show and see if you still feel that way.

[Image: not-listening.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
18-04-2016, 07:58 PM
This takes me back to thinking of the episode he was on with Neil DeGrasse Tyson's podcast StarTalk years ago. He interviewed Morgan and there was several, kinda not overtly saying he is a "man of god" or believer really but more leaning on that, well faith and the mystery is open for faith to be plenty more truthful.

Neil also asked him how come he so often plays scientific leaning characters and is in that realm. He said things like no it's just a role that happened to be that way and that he didn't seek these scientific reasonable roles he sometimes had a lot of.. I wasn't sure I believe him until I saw trailers for Lucy then... oh.. hearing the whole nonsense 10% line thing and I finally believed he was honest in saying these sometimes better scientific roles were just acting gigs.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson