Poll: What type of toy gun did you play with as a child?
Plastic projectile gun toys
Water guns
Cap guns
Arcade gun controller
Pellet guns
Your hand shaped like a gun
[Show Results]

You might have held one of these guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Question You might have held one of these guns
So there has been a lot of threads about guns on the site lately. Not surprising with how much has made it into the news. This thread isn't about that. This is a thread asking what toy guns you played with as a kid.

For me, it's the NES game controller gun, my hand in the shape of one playing the good old game of cops and robbers, as well as pellet guns. The NES game controller gun as well as the game of cops and robbers where fun, while the pellet gun helped me hone control over my motor functions of my hand so I could successfully knock over a soda can. That skill was applied to my art.

I'm curious to see as to what was the most popular ranking toy gun of childhood is within this forum.

To quote Chas: discuss.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 03:14 AM by Vera.)
RE: You might have held one of these guns
(27-01-2013 10:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  So there has been a lot of threads about guns on the site lately. Not surprising with how much has made it into the news. This thread isn't about that. This is a thread asking what toy guns you played with as a kid.

I'm curious to see as to what was the most popular ranking toy gun of childhood is within this forum.

To quote Chas: discuss.
None. I only touched a gun when I was old enough to understand what those curious urges were and what those strange voices in my head were saying.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfX31l7sBaaDINBQE97op...ekMpJ4qAp8]

Seriously, never played with toy guns or pretend guns as a kid. Too busy playing sports games and what have you.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
28-01-2013, 03:06 AM
Water pistols, arcade guns, my hand...

Nothing really fun.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
28-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Im glad it was multiple choice as I ticked all of them.
All that was missing was a small tree branch/stick and they would of all been there Blush

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
28-01-2013, 07:10 AM
All of the above.

Plus guns I made out of Legos (I was actually very good at making them). And tree branches I found in the woods that looked like guns. And paintball guns. Then there were the battery-operated guns that make gunshot noises while the red light on the muzzle flashes. Plus therifles and shotguns which fired suction-cups. Then, of course, there was the real thing; introduced to me when I was 11.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Admittedly, it was late, and I couldn't be arsed to write every single permutation. I figured there was more.

Misanthropik: isn't there an age limit from which you can use paintball guns? I bruise a lot and would probably look like Polkaroo from The Polka Dot Door show after a game.

[Image: 51XYPXEW93L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Next Up: a Comic Con goer is going to tell all of the replica guns they own. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
28-01-2013, 11:31 AM
[Image: w01EKfh.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
28-01-2013, 02:58 PM
(28-01-2013 10:33 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Misanthropik: isn't there an age limit from which you can use paintball guns? I bruise a lot and would probably look like Polkaroo from The Polka Dot Door show after a game.
I'm not sure. I know you can't buy them until a certain age, but I don't know about using them. Particularly with adult supervision. Around here, pretty much every kid had a paintball gun under the Christmas tree. (Except me, that is)

My neighbor had a whole mess of them and every now and then our families would hang out and watch us play paintball tag.

I was usually the designated target, rather than the shooter, but it was fun none the less. Big Grin

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2013, 08:32 PM
As a child? Are you kidding me?! LOL I still break out the occasional water pistol fight or nerf gun fight and lasertag gun fight (actually played with one of the australian national teams) in my old age. Tongue

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
28-01-2013, 11:12 PM
(28-01-2013 11:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: w01EKfh.jpg]

Make love, not war.

[Image: 766c0978483c1eff2592eb2edd761dc5.jpeg]
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post