Poll: What type of toy gun did you play with as a child?
Plastic projectile gun toys
Water guns
Cap guns
Arcade gun controller
Pellet guns
Your hand shaped like a gun
[Show Results]

You might have held one of these guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: You might have held one of these guns
Everybody had water pistols when I was a kid. I'd still enjoy it today, along with water balloons. When I think of cap guns the memory that comes to mind is sitting on the ground with a whole roll of caps and a great big rock. Now that was fun!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Lulu344's post
07-05-2013, 09:57 PM
(07-05-2013 05:13 PM)Lulu344 Wrote:  When I think of cap guns the memory that comes to mind is sitting on the ground with a whole roll of caps and a great big rock. Now that was fun!!!

I remember that! It was always cool to see the little explosion and the puff of smoke. Those things smelled great, too.

Then you'd get one that just wouldn't work; so you started to grind it into the ground with the rock, and nothing's happening. Then you hit it and hit it and hit it. Then it sparks a little. Dodgy

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2013, 10:29 PM
(07-05-2013 09:57 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 05:13 PM)Lulu344 Wrote:  When I think of cap guns the memory that comes to mind is sitting on the ground with a whole roll of caps and a great big rock. Now that was fun!!!

I remember that! It was always cool to see the little explosion and the puff of smoke. Those things smelled great, too.

Then you'd get one that just wouldn't work; so you started to grind it into the ground with the rock, and nothing's happening. Then you hit it and hit it and hit it. Then it sparks a little. Dodgy
I do remember playing with those. Finding the right rock to do several resounding pops, neanderthal bashing for the one that. Just. Wouldn't. Pop.

Tee hee! Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
09-05-2013, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 05:44 AM by Filox.)
Hmmmm... Anyone of you made these? I am not sure what you think when you say "cap gun", but here is what I was doing, a double barrel gun that shoots bottle caps. Dangerous as fuck, specially for your eyes. I had a few very close encounters, where I could see and hear the bottle cap, swooshing near my head. There were versions of this with 4 "barrels", you just flip it over.

[Image: cepaljka.jpg]

My first real gun was, I think, a Remington shotgun that my father brought home one day to show off his new gun, during the war... I was 7-8 at a time. I always preferred knives than guns, you could easily get a real knife and they are silent...

P.S.

I just saw what a cap gun is, had it, it was boring. But a metal starter was cool, with metal "bullets", blanks. You could easily turn it into a more realistic gun, if you put one of the already used bullets, flip it over and put it in a barrel. When you fire the next one, that one from the barrel flies away. Looks cool. Potentially dangerous.

[Image: 22-OLYMPIC6-B.jpg]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
09-05-2013, 03:35 PM
I had something like that first one, but it shot rubber bands instead.

It wasn't precisely like this...:

[Image: 100_1233.JPG]

...but it was the same basic concept. Basically just a stick with a clothespin glued on and a notch cut into one end. It was more fun to make than to use. lol

Had it been THIS, on the other hand...

[Image: Motorized-Rubber-Band-GATLING-GUN.jpg]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Guns. No politics. Phaedrus 19 273 09-05-2014 05:30 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Guns! Phaedrus 155 4,787 13-06-2013 01:57 PM
Last Post: Ameron1963
  [split] Guns! Logica Humano 0 105 10-04-2013 03:08 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Less Guns, More Punching Vosur 0 171 07-03-2013 06:59 AM