You pedantic little shit!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: You pedantic little shit!
(13-12-2013 03:36 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  ...
She also doesn't know what “ostentatious” means, there for her lack of knowledge

"therefore"

See me after school.

3/10

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-12-2013, 07:35 PM
(14-12-2013 07:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 03:36 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  ...
She also doesn't know what “ostentatious” means, there for her lack of knowledge

"therefore"

See me after school.

3/10

(See, I know what the word means!)

14-12-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2013 09:40 PM by DLJ.)
(14-12-2013 07:35 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 07:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  "therefore"

See me after school.

3/10

(See, I know what the word means!)

bu... but... I resisted pointing out the other 9 errors!

Yes, I am taking the pills... I'm getting better!

I've yet to read your corny story Laughat so I'll go back in a min but there is a wider point that interests me:

Have you ever played a game e.g. chess with someone who doesn't know the rules?
They might make an invalid move or you might make a valid move that they doesn't fit their version of the rules, as they think they understand them (i.e. castling) and a storm ensues.

The Misinformation Effect is playing out so having a full understanding of the definitions and technicalities and stuff leads to better decision making so it's kinda important in the sciencey realms but what about language, business etc.?

Having a grasp of general concepts but not necessarily the details is not always a bad thing and I'd go further and add that it's invaluable as an enabler for innovation i.e. mistakes are necessary for evolution.

So Kim's suggestion of euthanasia (which might be something you should put in your diary if this lady ever becomes a lawyer) would eliminate, from the gene pool, the type of person who is required to avoid stagnation.

See her, perhaps, as the weaker zebra on the edge of the herd... the rest of the herd will learn from her mistakes. No need for us to kill her. She is a buffer.

Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
15-12-2013, 01:43 PM
(14-12-2013 09:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Having a grasp of general concepts but not necessarily the details is not always a bad thing and I'd go further and add that it's invaluable as an enabler for innovation i.e. mistakes are necessary for evolution.

So Kim's suggestion of euthanasia (which might be something you should put in your diary if this lady ever becomes a lawyer) would eliminate, from the gene pool, the type of person who is required to avoid stagnation.

See her, perhaps, as the weaker zebra on the edge of the herd... the rest of the herd will learn from her mistakes. No need for us to kill her. She is a buffer.

Thumbsup

Very Consider good point.

I can only hope we are able to keep lions off the endangered list. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-12-2013, 10:47 PM
(15-12-2013 01:43 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 09:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Having a grasp of general concepts but not necessarily the details is not always a bad thing and I'd go further and add that it's invaluable as an enabler for innovation i.e. mistakes are necessary for evolution.

Thumbsup

Very Consider good point.

I can only hope we are able to keep lions off the endangered list. Angel

[Image: zebra-vs-lion.jpg]

Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]