You're Invited to my Funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: You're Invited to my Funeral
I don't want a funeral...just stick me anywhere...I promise I won't care and won't complain.

No party either.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Man I probably won't get a funeral. After calling Tim fat 20 billion times, I'm pretty sure he'll hide my body well once he murders me.

Big Grin

I love you peanut you're never going to die you are so cute your cuteness has given you immortality.

Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
16-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I want my funeral to consist of whatever my loved ones need to help them deal with my passing. Of course I would prefer it if there were nothing religious involved, but that isn't going to be an option for me.

I would love to be cremated and have my ashes either spread or used as garden fertilizer. But I'd want everyone I cared about to have a physical location to go and "talk" to me when they felt like it, too. So I'm a little torn on that point.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
16-11-2013, 09:51 PM
(16-11-2013 07:06 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 07:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You mean the chocolate kind with oatmeal and coconut? Those are my favorite!

I never had any with coconut! Just the oatmeal, peanut butter and cocoa. But I think we are talking about the same thing. AWW! How fitting.

Can we put weed in them? Smile

Oh ... Blush is that a stupid question?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-11-2013, 09:54 PM
I want to be cremated and taken back to the Outer Banks and scattered into the Atlantic.

Beyond that, I don't and won't care.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I'll request cremation.
I have enough potter friends who will probably want to include me in a glaze. If I really decided to prepare for it, I would make and bisque fire some comfortable tea cups for my friends to glaze with my ash.
They could all have a nice little raku party around an afternoon fire and imbibe through the evening.

Wonder how many garage sales I'll end up in decades after my death? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-11-2013, 10:22 PM
(16-11-2013 06:51 PM)Peanut Wrote:  When I die, I want it to be a legitimate "celebration of my life."

I don't want people making it about God and prayer because if they truly knew me and they valued my ideals, they wouldn't pray for me at MY funeral.

If they feel it'll help them, based on their beliefs, they can pray for me unofficially and after the funeral.

Don't turn it into some "praise God! He took her to be with him now" bullshit. How unfair is it to the deceased to live their whole life, uh... living and possibly being an amazing human being, only to get overshadowed at their own funeral? COMPLETELY UNFAIR.

By the way, I went to a funeral today. I didn't know the guy and I went to support my sister and best friend.

The minister used some stupid prayer all about God. I don't care if parts of it "fit" some well-known aspects of one's life; It's not fucking church, douche!

Anyway, when I die, you're invited to my funeral. I hope that I make a good impression on those I've come into contact with in my life. I like to believe I have lived and will continue to live, treating others how I want to be treated and with respect. I follow my own, personal morals and am honest with myself.

Also, if ANYONE tries to pray up on the stage (I should REALLY get a will started; I don't want it in a church!) and says something like, "I know Ashley would HATE this, but, I would like to recite a bible verse" or "Let's pray for her anyway," I give you permission to stand up and yell at them that they are disrespectful, self-righteous assholes. Even if it's a little old lady.

Let me rest; I had a rough life. It's my turn to get a last party and fucking be done.

SHARE YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR YOUR FUNERAL, IF YOU WANT.

I'll be buried Catholic for my family, I will be long gone, enveloped by the Universe by then, so it won't matter to me. I think I'll chose to be buried on the family farm in Arkansas with my ancestors, but maybe the family plot in the city. Of course, no event remotely involving TTT will not have Cat Stevens, so there's the soundtrack, and I believe my epitaph will be this:

"Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow."

~Shakepseare

or of course

"Truly, Ananda, it is no strange thing that human beings should die"

~Shakyamuni Buddha

I try not to think of death while alive because the question that follow always brings strife and sorrow to me.
[+] 1 user Likes The_Thinking_Theist's post
16-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I'd prefer to not be embalmed or cremated. Buried is fine, but I'd prefer to be in a tomb. What I would REALLY like is to have my body launched into space. A ceremony is cool with me. Whatever the people want. I would not like to have a preacher there to speak though.'

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
16-11-2013, 11:25 PM
(16-11-2013 09:41 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Man I probably won't get a funeral. After calling Tim fat 20 billion times, I'm pretty sure he'll hide my body well once he murders me.

Hide your body, or eat it. Either way it will never be found. Drinking Beverage

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
17-11-2013, 01:08 AM
(16-11-2013 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'd like it hosted by Girly, catered by Stark, and emceed by DLJ.

Wow! Just wow!

Honoured I am.

Given your age and/or the number of enemies you keep making on this forum, I'd better start writing the jokes script straight away.

Should I wear my tux?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post