You're Invited to my Funeral

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: You're Invited to my Funeral
(17-11-2013 01:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'd like it hosted by Girly, catered by Stark, and emceed by DLJ.

Wow! Just wow!

Honoured I am.

Given your age and/or the number of enemies you keep making on this forum, I'd better start writing the jokes script straight away.

Should I wear my tux?

I'll come just to dance on his grave.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 04:13 AM
(17-11-2013 01:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'd like it hosted by Girly, catered by Stark, and emceed by DLJ.

Wow! Just wow!

Honoured I am.

Given your age and/or the number of enemies you keep making on this forum, I'd better start writing the jokes script straight away.

Should I wear my tux?

It would be fitting, but I probably won't notice. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-11-2013, 04:37 AM
(17-11-2013 04:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 01:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ...
Should I wear my tux?

It would be fitting, but I probably won't notice. Drinking Beverage

Probably?

You're saying that there is a possibility of life after death?

Blink

17-11-2013, 04:41 AM
(17-11-2013 04:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 04:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  It would be fitting, but I probably won't notice. Drinking Beverage

Probably?

You're saying that there is a possibility of life after death?

Blink

I meant to use the sardonic tags.

[/sardonic]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-11-2013, 04:41 AM
I'd like people to get drunk and have some good time, I wish my funeral is a good excuse for my relatives to get together and party and cry, and then drink and cry, and laugh and all that Smile

then they can toss me in a ditch or something cheap Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
17-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Quote:You're Invited to my Funeral
I'll come to yours if you come to mine.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
17-11-2013, 06:54 AM
(16-11-2013 09:49 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I want my funeral to consist of whatever my loved ones need to help them deal with my passing. Of course I would prefer it if there were nothing religious involved, but that isn't going to be an option for me.

I would love to be cremated and have my ashes either spread or used as garden fertilizer. But I'd want everyone I cared about to have a physical location to go and "talk" to me when they felt like it, too. So I'm a little torn on that point.

I don't care who holds what ceremony, if any. A tree that has received nourishment from me (ashes are a good addition to compost) is a physical location. Maybe a fruit tree, so it will be as useful as possible.

But it doesn't really matter. I just figure it might as well be useful to others and the planet. Since it looks like I will be alive until my body is quite decrepit, I don't think there will be much use for it otherwise. Leaving it in the woods to feed wild life is illegal. Then again, I could go there to die and the law be damned.

The parts will be rather worn out, but if any should be useful to someone alive, they can have them. Actually I think in the not too distant future we will be able to recycle a lot more parts/tissue/DNA to be used to improve the physical condition of living people. Not just plain transplants like today, you need young parts for that. But we will be able to use specific tissue to culture all kinds of replacement parts. Maybe some day we will learn how to retrieve knowledge from the brain. My brain is a huge grab bag of disjointed pieces of knowledge that come in very handy at times, as well as some cohesive knowledge of specific subjects. Would be nice to pass some of that along, I spent a life time gathering it up. I also have a nice chemical balance, hormones and emotions have always been pretty much on the spot. Maybe some day we will be able to capture that, too. We may be able to fix some mental illnesses and disorders that way.

Pretty much the only thing that may bother me about the prospect of my impending death is that I won't see how all that plays out in the future. Then again, I expect the future to hold some nasty components too, like the loss of freedom. The more people you have, the more rules you need to contain them peacefully. I don't care to see that evolving at all.

Anyway, beings that I live in the times I do, a tree would be nice.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-11-2013, 07:06 AM
You're Invited to my Funeral
(16-11-2013 06:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't want a funeral.

I want to be cremated and I want my ashes to be mixed with compost and used to plant a tree.

I can use some compost for my trees. How fertile are you?
Oh wait, that might come over wrong. Smile
[+] 2 users Like black_squirrel's post
17-11-2013, 07:15 AM
(17-11-2013 07:06 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 06:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't want a funeral.

I want to be cremated and I want my ashes to be mixed with compost and used to plant a tree.

I can use some compost for my trees. How fertile are you?
Oh wait, that might come over wrong. Smile

All ashes are very fertile. You should always put the ashes from your fireplace outside to help something grow.

If you want, I can have mine sent to you upon my demise. I have had a contract with the Neptune Society for years, for a bit over a hundred bucks they come and get you wherever you are, cremate you and send your ashes wherever you want.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-11-2013, 07:50 AM
(17-11-2013 07:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
they come and get you wherever you are, cremate you and send your ashes wherever you want.

b-but you're dead first, right?

Just checking.

Actually, it's a good idea but given that I will most likely die alone, how would I let them know that I'm dead?

Dodgy