You're Religious About Your Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: You're Religious About Your Atheism
(24-11-2014 11:55 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  True. Atheism in its Secular Humanism form IS about worshipping SELF with its popular creed reading : ' Man is the measure of all things' . Instead of worshipping Ones Creator who is also the Creator of the Cosmos, SELF gets worshipped which springboards into Narcissism . Either God is allowed to be God in ones life, or, One makes SELF ones own 'god' ... and because its the latter that represents our culture today, we are paying an enormous price thru the societal ills we face as a morally bankrupt nation. This is what occurs in any Nation where God isn't wanted nor his loving protective absolute moral mandates to live by. It only gets worse and worse. Its a religion of worshipping SELF which was never meant to be . Here it is all spelled out quite clearly : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230

Claims of worshiping self is just stretching like Gumby. There is no worshiping and no religion associated with atheism. Attempts to fit atheism into the "religion" cookie-cutter is nothing but a desperate attempt by theists to say "See? You follow a religion too!" Even in its organized form (conventions, etc.), atheism is simply a group of people with a lack of belief in gods in common. For any group of people to be called a religion, there must be a common deity. Atheism has none.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 12:13 PM
(24-11-2014 11:55 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 11:45 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Except atheism is not about worshipping any supernatural deities, ie, not a religion.

There goes your main point.

True. Atheism in its Secular Humanism form IS about worshipping SELF with its popular creed reading : ' Man is the measure of all things' . Instead of worshipping Ones Creator who is also the Creator of the Cosmos, SELF gets worshipped which springboards into Narcissism . Either God is allowed to be God in ones life, or, One makes SELF ones own 'god' ... and because its the latter that represents our culture today, we are paying an enormous price thru the societal ills we face as a morally bankrupt nation. This is what occurs in any Nation where God isn't wanted nor his loving protective absolute moral mandates to live by. It only gets worse and worse. Its a religion of worshipping SELF which was never meant to be . Here it is all spelled out quite clearly : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230

Uh, no. There is no worshipping at all. Secular humanism means one stands for equal and humane treatment of people regardless of religion. Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. There's no narcissism in the form of self worship intrinsic in these definitions.

And 'morally bankrupt' is nothing more than a buzz word based on belief that people moving away from your religion with supposed 'objective morals' means those people are immoral. People can have different beliefs than you, so grow up.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
24-11-2014, 12:23 PM
(24-11-2014 11:55 AM)Im a humble little Theist Wrote:  Its a religion of worshipping SELF which was never meant to be . Here it is all spelled out quite clearly : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230
Are political parties religions?

How do you define worship? While I tend to have moments of revere for my lover, and I notice revere for gods, I don't really see revere in humanism.
24-11-2014, 12:33 PM
(22-08-2014 10:32 AM)SkepticJar Wrote:  Even though I felt like this was a substantial answer showing the error with his reasoning, he continued to just say "well I just think it's funny is all"...

How would you respond? I am curious when I next encounter a comment like this.

Some people just don't give two hoots about the subject is all, which I think is all he was expressing. I wouldn't read too much into it. If it is important to you or you just enjoy it, then explain to him why.
24-11-2014, 01:13 PM
(24-11-2014 11:45 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Except atheism is not about worshipping any supernatural deities, ie, not a religion.

True. Atheism in its Secular Humanism form IS about worshipping SELF with its popular creed reading : ' Man is the measure of all things' . Instead of worshipping Ones Creator who is also the Creator of the Cosmos, SELF gets worshipped which springboards into Narcissism . Either God is allowed to be God in ones life, or, One makes SELF ones own 'god' ... and because its the latter that represents our culture today, we are paying an enormous price thru the societal ills we face as a morally bankrupt nation. This is what occurs in any Nation where God isn't wanted nor his loving protective absolute moral mandates to live by. It only gets worse and worse. Its a religion of worshipping SELF which was never meant to be . Here it is all spelled out quite clearly : http://www.christianforums.com/t7841230

How do you get 'worship' from 'measure'?

The secular democracies of Western Europe are doing fine with their very low populations of Christians.
They have happier, more peaceful societies than the majority-Christian U.S.

You really ought to allow facts to enter into your thinking. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-11-2014, 09:16 PM

I think by most any standard I would make for a very sub par deity Drinking Beverage

It is difficult to take a moral high ground after a statement like that one. In one fell swoop you named all atheists narcissists. All we ever did was say you were ignorant. Smart people can be ignorant, and indeed are ignorant, of many things. Ignorance is a state of being not a character flaw. You seem determined to cause trouble, so perhaps this sentiment is wasted but here goes anyway - if your goal is meaningful, thoughtful, critical and respectful dialogue you are going about it the wrong way. We are a community of people, please make it a better place Smile.
24-11-2014, 09:49 PM
What's funny is that one has to be.

I was thinking about those wooden ducks. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, It could be a duck hunter. atheism is kinda an antibody against faith based reasoning.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post