You're all just mad at god...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 11:04 PM
*Sorry to post two threads so close. I just have to tell someone about this.*

I just told a really crazy religious friend over FB that I am an atheist (I'm getting a bit of a high each time I "come out". It's a bit addictive!)

He basically said that he used to go through atheist phases, and found that most atheists are just "angry at god", and that very few have intellectually left all belief in a deity.

That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. I liken it to people saying "you just haven't met the right girl" when I tell them I'm gay.

Is this a common thing for atheists to hear? What a crock of shit, amirite?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like FreeThinker1994's post
07-08-2015, 01:09 AM
RE: You're all just mad at god...
I've heard it a few times, my friends also but I wouldn't exactly call it common. Maybe even believers realise how idiotic it sounds (doubt it) so they try not to use this often?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-08-2015, 01:22 AM
Nah, I'm an atheist so I'm just mad. The 'at God' bit is for theists Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
07-08-2015, 06:27 AM
"All you xtians are afraid of Darth Vader - because he's coming back - with the Death Star -- and he's going to vaporize the planet after picking up all those people that believe in the force".......

Sound silly????

Think about it, bibleboy.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-08-2015, 06:58 AM
(06-08-2015 11:04 PM)FreeThinker1994 Wrote:  *Sorry to post two threads so close. I just have to tell someone about this.*

I just told a really crazy religious friend over FB that I am an atheist (I'm getting a bit of a high each time I "come out". It's a bit addictive!)

He basically said that he used to go through atheist phases, and found that most atheists are just "angry at god", and that very few have intellectually left all belief in a deity.

That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. I liken it to people saying "you just haven't met the right girl" when I tell them I'm gay.

Yes I've heard it a lot. You see, the theist needs for this to be the case. It frightens him that you don't believe. He needs your help to believe and if you don't cooperate it scares him. So it must be that you really believe in God but you are just angry with him. The one thing he can't consider for a second is that you have looked at the evidence and found it wanting. He can't consider that you have a rational reason for not believing. That comes too close to questioning his own beliefs. Keep frightening them, every chance you get!

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 7 users Like true scotsman's post
07-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Very commonly heard. I hear it a lot along with the phrase "there's no atheists in foxholes", which is equally as ridiculous.
[+] 1 user Likes EppurSiMuove's post
07-08-2015, 07:36 AM
(06-08-2015 11:04 PM)FreeThinker1994 Wrote:  *Sorry to post two threads so close. I just have to tell someone about this.*

Yes, I've heard it quite a bit. I'm either angry at god or don't have the morals to follow god's rules. You've gone outside the tribe, so the ones still in it have to diminish you by making you inferior. They'll characterize you as immature and irrational, ruled by emotion, with no self control, while the religious are wisely making the hard, virtuous choices.
[+] 8 users Like julep's post
07-08-2015, 12:09 PM
I think that statement is a good one for the "stupid things theists say atheists" bingo card.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
07-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Which God am I supposed to be mad at?
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
07-08-2015, 12:40 PM
I usually reply, "how can I be mad at something that doesn't exist?"....or.."yes, I am extremely mad at Zeus." Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)