You're hosting a small dinner party

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: You're hosting a small dinner party
1: Henry Ford.

I'd like him to explain this quote...

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

2: Adolf Hitler

To get his side of events and to hear his justifications for slaughtering millions of innocent people.

3: Orson Welles.

To chat about his books.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
26-04-2017, 12:12 PM
You're hosting a small dinner party
Bulgakov, Tolkien and Solzhenitsyn.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
26-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Gary Gygax - been roleplaying for over 35 years and some of the best times I've had have been around a table with my buddies playing imaginary heroes in imaginary worlds (alcohol might have been involved at some time)

Charles Darwin - Probably more to show him the leaps and bounds we've made thanks to his initial ground work

Chuck Norris - Bec.....

[Image: bd7edc67704ef9869dad25b87847eb23.jpg]

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes SeaJay's post
26-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Otzi 'The Iceman'

'Ginger' the Egyptian

Juanita 'The Ice Maiden', or Lady Dai 'Xin Zhui'? Consider

No disrespect to my South American brothers from other mothers, but I promised Tut I'd limit the guest list to those from before the common era! Wink No whippersnappers allowed; this party for grown folk! Tongue So Lady Dai, it is.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
26-04-2017, 01:00 PM
For laughs,
Tim Conway
Harvey korman
Mel Brooks

Another set would certainly contain
Frank Zappa
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
26-04-2017, 01:28 PM
Some of the people you all picked require weeks of conversation, not hours.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
26-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Glenn Beck, as I think his is an important voice for our time.

Penn Jillette, as I admire his intellect and rational common sense and he is good friends with Beck.

Gene Wilder, as I adore him and he wouldn't even have to speak...just gaze into my eyes and smile that precious smile...but I would rather enjoy conversing with him, as well.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
26-04-2017, 03:08 PM
(26-04-2017 08:47 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 08:36 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  I had given some consideration about putting Donald Trump into my list but thought better of it. I'm afraid that I (or he for that matter) couldn't have a rational discussion. He... because he is incapable of actually having a rational conversation and I because I do not think that I could hold back my sheer and utter disdain for the man (I use that term loosely) that holds office at this very moment. I would say what is on my mind and maybe that's exactly what needs to be said. But it wouldn't matter since he is such a narcissist and would dismiss any argument that doesn't line up with his fucked up agenda. That in turn would dissolve into a discussion that would go downhill faster than a sinking rock. So no... Donald Trump and I couldn't be in the same room. I like to think of myself as very open minded. But there comes a point that is just impossible with some people. He happens to be one of them I'm afraid.

Discussion? Take a second look at my list. I'm not planning on any discussion. Blood curdling screams maybe but no discussion. Once everyone arrives I'm planning on quietly excusing myself so nature can run its course.

You beat me to it. I had picked out Trump, Attila the Hun and Lucrezia Borgia.

For a slightly less bloody lineup go with Trump, Reagan and Lincoln. You'll be able to sell the video footage for a mint.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
26-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Chas, HoC, and GirlyMan...'cause, why the hell not.

I would have to just sit and listen, and maybe take notes and photos. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Parmenides
Ted Kaczynski
Isokelekel

-assuming we can all converse in English