You're lukewarm!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 07:28 AM
You're lukewarm!
So, I don't know if you guys heard this sermon too, but Revelation 3:15-16 talks about being lukewarm, and how it's better to either be hot or cold. I have no clue what the context of this verse is, but at my church people referred to this verse when talking about being "on fire" for god.

So, when I was in the process of deconverting and I was still terrified that I was wrong and might go to hell, I would think about about that verse and it would help me feel better. I would think "well, if god is real, at least I'm not like those lukewarm people. I'm better than them on gods watch"

I'd like to think that if there is a god, he respects the atheists. On judgement day he'd be like "You didn't believe in me but, hey, at least you aren't like those lukewarm people...fuckin' dicks." And then we'd throw up deuces as I walked towards the elevator to go to hell. Which, it turns out the "lake of fire" really just meant that everyone gets a big hot tub in their suite.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
06-11-2014, 07:48 AM
RE: You're lukewarm!
Yep, gawd will spit those lukewarm Christians out. Figures he doesn't swallow.

Baptists loooooved to groan on and on about it. The youth pastor tried to convince us all we were lukewarm and needed to get right with god cause we might die on the way home in a car accident caused by our drunk friends driving while fornicating. Never mind I was stoned off my ass to help me suffer through that bullshit. Religion is bad for your health.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
06-11-2014, 07:55 AM
(06-11-2014 07:28 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  ...
I have no clue what the context of this verse is,

Quote:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

In modern parlance that equates to:

[Image: tumblr_maax00wLJC1qfsomt.jpg]
[Image: h62E135E1]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-11-2014, 07:59 AM
(06-11-2014 07:48 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Yep, gawd will spit those lukewarm Christians out. Figures he doesn't swallow.

Baptists loooooved to groan on and on about it. The youth pastor tried to convince us all we were lukewarm and needed to get right with god cause we might die on the way home in a car accident caused by our drunk friends driving while fornicating. Never mind I was stoned off my ass to help me suffer through that bullshit. Religion is bad for your health.

Haha I was thinking the same thing about god not swallowing. I guess dirty minds think alike. lol Tongue

I never liked when people tried to tell me about where I am spiritually. I've always hated the "levels" of spirituality. Just because I wasn't the most animated person on the worship team somehow meant that I was not as close to god. Well, at least now I know they were right, I wasn't close to god. Wink

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 3 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
06-11-2014, 08:01 AM
(06-11-2014 07:48 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Baptists loooooved to groan on and on about it. The youth pastor tried to convince us all we were lukewarm and needed to get right with god cause we might die on the way home in a car accident caused by our drunk friends driving while fornicating. Never mind I was stoned off my ass to help me suffer through that bullshit. Religion is bad for your health.

They love it because it plays right into their No True Christian worldview that they fap to so hard. It makes them feel extra special. They belong to a religion that accounts for 75% of the population, yet they still see themselves as a minority. That's because they figure most of the Christians are doing it wrong (or are lukewarm in this context), but they're special.

Related: once you're at this point, it plays into their twisted love of being persecuted.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-11-2014, 08:13 AM
(06-11-2014 08:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 07:48 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Baptists loooooved to groan on and on about it. The youth pastor tried to convince us all we were lukewarm and needed to get right with god cause we might die on the way home in a car accident caused by our drunk friends driving while fornicating. Never mind I was stoned off my ass to help me suffer through that bullshit. Religion is bad for your health.

They love it because it plays right into their No True Christian worldview that they fap to so hard. It makes them feel extra special. They belong to a religion that accounts for 75% of the population, yet they still see themselves as a minority. That's because they figure most of the Christians are doing it wrong (or are lukewarm in this context), but they're special.

Related: once you're at this point, it plays into their twisted love of being persecuted.

Oh boy, the Pentecostal's fapped to that too. Laugh out load
I remember sitting in youth services as the youth pastor looked around after quoting that verse with the kids looking down at their feet. Bunch of mind-controlling dicks they were!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
06-11-2014, 08:16 AM
(06-11-2014 07:28 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I'd like to think that if there is a god, he respects the atheists.

The funniest thing if there really is a god would be if he rewarded people who used their minds to the best of their abilities and punished gullibility.

"You were a fundamentalist Christian? I mean, come on, I gave you no actual evidence for my existence, tons of evidence for a purely natural world, and a book with so many problems it is basically incoherent and you ignored all that? Get the hell out of here!"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
06-11-2014, 08:16 AM
I got nothing to add except "yep. I know exactly what you're talking bout."

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
06-11-2014, 08:18 AM
(06-11-2014 08:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 07:28 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I'd like to think that if there is a god, he respects the atheists.

The funniest thing if there really is a god would be if he rewarded people who used their minds to the best of their abilities and punished gullibility.

"You were a fundamentalist Christian? I mean, come on, I gave you no actual evidence for my existence, tons of evidence for a purely natural world, and a book with so many problems it is basically incoherent and you ignored all that? Get the hell out of here!"

haha that would be funny! I feel like a true good and just god would do that.

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
06-11-2014, 08:25 AM
(06-11-2014 08:13 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I remember sitting in youth services as the youth pastor looked around after quoting that verse with the kids looking down at their feet. Bunch of mind-controlling dicks they were!

They also were of the mind to control your dicks. Yes
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post