You're valid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: You're valid.
(23-05-2016 09:13 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  So conflicted. I thought this would end when I left my old religious views. Nope. Haha Sadcryface
Trust me on this. You do not need to figure everything out now. Things do become easier as you grow and experience all that life has to offer.

Many of us have went through the conflicted stage and at some point you just figure everything out. In my case I do not even really know when I started to figure things out, it just sort of slowly happened as I evolved into the person that I am today.

Focus on the good and take small steps toward whatever goals you might have and things will be fine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
24-05-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: You're valid.
(22-05-2016 04:10 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  None the humans around you are perfect gods or goddesses.
I beg to differ. Laugh out load Muahaha. But anyways, when I was a teen I dealt with self-worth issues. I think it comes with the territory as I'm pretty sure most of my friends have said they were suicidal at some point during their teenage years.

I'd say, in short, the biggest things that have helped me are:
1. Really actually appreciating the person you are. I mean coming to terms with your personality, your preferences, your hobbies, your goals, your mannerisms. Actually saying, "Yes, this is who I want to be. This is the person I want to be when I raise my kids. This is the person I want to be when I find the love of my life." And if you aren't that person....then become that person.
2. Realizing that EVERYBODY is going through some unknown struggle, and that you and your misery really aren't special (a hard, cold truth). I used to think I had it bad since I lived in an abusive household that never uttered the words "love" or showed any type of affection. But in the end it's like, so what? I have food, clothing, and a place to live. So when I stopped feeling sorry for myself, and started seeing that everybody is struggling to figure out what the EFF to do in this confusing world...it really did help.

Longer than I hoped, but hope that offers a helpful perspective.

(23-05-2016 09:53 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I'm not very valid here. People hate me here.
Haha, I like you. I'm pretty sure I disagree with you with many many things. But some of your posts crack me up and/or make me smile.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post