You should apologize

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 02:06 PM
RE: You should apologize
(05-07-2017 01:22 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 01:16 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  If someone cannot defend their position they have no business holding a position. I am of the belief the only way of learning is doing. Most people have no idea why they believe what they believe. I've been listening a lot to dogma debate and it's been quite painful. However I laud his approach. When you start pushing people to nail down a belief they hold be it religious or otherwise you quickly learn there is only mush underneath.

But you cannot defend your positions because you don't really believe them. That's why you are playing Humpty Dumpty games with us instead. You can't live up to your own harsh and impossible standards.

Relax, give it a break, and actually talk with people instead.

Edit: You also assume that if people don't tell you their reasons, they must have none. But of course they may not find you worth their time.

I don't remember who said "I have in my life believed a great many things, most of them wrong.". I can defend any position because i always assume the opposition may be right. I don't care about BEING right, only if the position i hold is right.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 02:09 PM
(05-07-2017 01:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yes, low-quality ejaculate is the unfortunate byproduct of self-education.

Is *this* why most religious folk have such a problem with self- um- education? It's all starting to make sense now...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
05-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Shut up.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
05-07-2017, 05:03 PM
(05-07-2017 11:48 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  Thanks DLJ.

I also think it's important for communities like this to not just sit around clapping each other on the back having a circle jerk all the time.

Yet here you are on your knees...either puckered up or mouth wide open...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
05-07-2017, 05:04 PM
I say what I think and feel, and then listen to my interlocutor with the assumption that they're being earnest.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
05-07-2017, 05:23 PM
I don't feel I need to apologize about anything to you. We only had a brief, relaxed encounter *shrug*

Only a few things I wanna say.

About your example conversation:
Per definition "atheists" in fact means you don't believe in a god (any god).
Agnosticism is when you don't know.
You can be an agnostic atheist > "I don't believe that a god exists but I don't know for sure"

Also why is this in politics even?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
05-07-2017, 05:26 PM
(05-07-2017 05:23 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Also why is this in politics even?

Again, the follies of self-education.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
05-07-2017, 07:49 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
05-07-2017, 08:02 PM
I'm going to take a moment and appreciate the irony: A new poster lectures us on the dangers of a circle jerk. Meanwhile, it's fairly obvious that they are posting with one hand and straining the other patting themselves on the back. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-07-2017, 08:20 PM
(05-07-2017 01:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 10:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  I do apologise. To myself. For wasting even a minute of my time on your mental ejaculates.

Yes, low-quality ejaculate is the unfortunate byproduct of self-education.

You ladies (Julep, Aliza and Vera) bust my guts with your responses. Laugh out load I wish I was that good at repartee.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post