You should apologize

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: You should apologize
(05-07-2017 08:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I wish I was that good at repartee.

Pardon me, but in my case it was (if I may borrow a phrase from Wodehouse) vulgar abuse... apparently what I'm best at.

Some people are born great (at vulgar abuse), some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them... by being forced to translate the mental effluvia of some of the world's greatest non-thinkers. Trust me, there ain't enough pearls in the world for one to clutch at, if one ever comes across what I hurl at my authors when struggling with them... [Image: frust.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
06-07-2017, 01:22 AM
(05-07-2017 08:02 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I'm going to take a moment and appreciate the irony: A new poster lectures us on the dangers of a circle jerk. Meanwhile, it's fairly obvious that they are posting with one hand and straining the other patting themselves on the back. Drinking Beverage

What else you can expect from troll?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
06-07-2017, 03:41 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2017 04:09 AM by GirlyMan.)
(05-07-2017 11:48 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I also think it's important for communities like this to not just sit around clapping each other on the back having a circle jerk all the time.

Nothing like a few casual patronizing condescending insults to make new friends, huh.

Please teach us dear leader. We have been waiting for a savior such as you to train us in the ways of thought for such a long time now. MAKE TTA GREAT AGAIN!

#sigh
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-07-2017, 03:51 AM
(06-07-2017 03:41 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 11:48 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I also think it's important for communities like this to not just sit around clapping each other on the back having a circle jerk all the time.

Nothing like a few patronizing condescending insults to make new friends, huh.

Please teach us dear leader. We have been waiting for a savior such as you for a long time now.

Is it still a circle jerk when it happens on an appointed morning once every week, and you give a percentage of your income to the circle jerk ring leader who may or may not also be raping your kids? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-07-2017, 05:19 AM
(06-07-2017 03:41 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Nothing like a few casual patronizing condescending insults to make new friends, huh.
So you don't think there is a risk of idea's being pushed out not because they are bad but because they challenge the accepted narrative? And why is that comment patronizing? If I had said "This board is a back clapping circle jerk" that would have been patronizing. What I said is I think its important for that not to happen, not that I thought it had happened or was happening. Read the quote I gave at the end then reread the original post as if you had written it.
06-07-2017, 06:58 AM
(06-07-2017 05:19 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  So you don't think there is a risk of idea's being pushed out not because they are bad but because they challenge the accepted narrative? And why is that comment patronizing?

Who says atheists can't have their own social groups, where we find mutual support? You dismiss such things as harmful, but do you even consider how they are helpful? And why do you, as a newbie, even think you should be able to change a well-established forum? Are you some sort of psychologist or psychiatrist?

You can suggest your own ideas, certainly, but you can't dictate terms. You can't even dictate how we should see you and your "helpful" interventions.

I suggest you focus on specifics rather than generalities, since generalities have already gotten you in trouble.
06-07-2017, 07:41 AM
(05-07-2017 01:16 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  Most people have no idea why they believe what they believe.

So you took a poll of (all) people ?
Let's see the data.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-07-2017, 07:49 AM
(06-07-2017 05:19 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  So you don't think there is a risk of idea's being pushed out not because they are bad but because they challenge the accepted narrative?

My, my, aren't we the rebel without a brain Drinking Beverage

[Image: 716af227eb5ab20baa1bc0a8755d72a3.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-07-2017, 08:01 AM
You know what most people do when they join a new social circle? They hold back a little and listen more then they speak (or read more than they type) until they've got a feel for the tenor of the group. The ones who make broad assumptions about the group as a whole and jump in head first with arms flailing never end up doing as well as they projected in their own heads.
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
06-07-2017, 08:17 AM
(05-07-2017 02:06 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I can defend any position because i always assume the opposition may be right. I don't care about BEING right, only if the position i hold is right.

That's just more mental mastubation. Once you've been shown that you're wrong about a position you hold, it's time to reflect, not double down on your same nonsense.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post