You should try eating the Paleolithic Diet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 01:31 AM by Metazoa Zeke.)
You should try eating the Paleolithic Diet
You should give the paleo diet a try. If you don't know what the paleolithic diet is I will give you the short details before the long ones. The paleolithic diet is a diet in which we try to mimic to the best of our abilities. The foods aloud on the diet are:

Clean and free roaming meat that eats it's natural diet

Organic fruit

Organic Vegetables

Coconuts

Olive,Avocado,and Coconut oil

True Nuts

Potatoes(only if you are a teenager or if you are working out)

Honey

Natural unsweetened chocolate

Eggs

What you can't eat

Grains

Dairy?(some websites say you can use dairy)

Processed meats,fruits and vegetables

sugar

soy,beans,legumes,and peanuts

seed oils (ex canola,vegetable)

So what are the benefits of this diet?

One of the benefits of the paleo diet is that it helps with you working out or sports. With a diet free from soy and grains tends to help me when I work out. You also have a lot more energy, and this will help you when you need to run or train.

Another benefit of the diet is that you get better sleep. As we know getting more sleep helps with your day. With more sleep you can focus better in school,at your job, at home, and while studying.

The next benefit is weight loss. I have lost weight by going on the paleo diet. Sugar and all other things that stop weight loss is in soy and bread and seed oils. Meats and eggs have many fats that stop weight gain. Fruits and vegetables give vitamins. Also when you work out on top of that then you'll lose weight and gain that body you want.

Another benefit about it is that you gain benefits of good paleo foods that non paleo foods give but with problems. Chicken and nuts are better then soy because they all have a lot of protein but soy has things humans will take damage from when eating eat.(1) You can gain way more calcium from greens then dairy without the problems.(2) You can gain more health benefits eating a fruit salad then a bowl of oatmeal.(3)

There are many cons of this diet as well and it would be unfair and biased if i didn't show these as well.

The one problem is that it is too expensive. Many organic foods are more expensive then poisoned food. Beef that is grass feed and free roaming is more expensive then a cow feed soy and corn. Coconut and almond flour is more expensive then wheat flour. If you do choose this diet then prepare to struggle.

Another one is only towards vegans. It is protein. If you are a vegan and you are going to be paleo your going to struggle with this. Vegetarians have eggs,nuts,or fish if they're those kinds of vegetarians. However vegans seem to only have nuts. So if you're a vegan and you are going paleo you have my support and respect.

Another one is that you're going to need to know how to cook if you want paleo cookies instead of real ones. Wheat cookies are much easier to cook then coconut cookies. So if your going to eat on this diet make sure you start learning how to follow the recipe.

The worst is that i heard miley cyrus eats paleo. That's bad she's gross really gross.(and i don't blame you if you choose not to eat paleo because of this)

These are the benefits and some cons of the paleo diet, and it's your choice. You can be a vegan and vegetarian on this diet. Most of the cons really go toward your time and effort then health benefits. It's your choice. I'm not trying to make you eat paleo but to introduce it too you. Hope you join if not that's your choice.Thumbsup

1.http://www.westonaprice.org/soy-alert

2.http://www.pcrm.org/health/diets/vegdiets/health-concerns-about-dairy-products

3.http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-grains-are-unhealthy/#axzz2s8Y2fuQt

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 12:33 AM by Vosur.)
RE: You should try eating the Paleolithic Diet
Richard Froning, "The Fittest Man on Earth," unlike many of his competitors, does not adhere to the Paleo diet. [1]

Don't see why I would need it. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
01-02-2014, 11:27 PM
(01-02-2014 11:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Richard Froning, "The Fittest Man on Earth", unlike many of his competitors, does not adhere to the Paleo diet. [1]

Don't see why I would need it. Wink

Your choice man not here to force you to be a part of it.No

02-02-2014, 12:37 AM
I don't see frogs, lizards, turtles, insects on this list of recommended eating. Not interested.

Also, relevant, http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Paleo-diet
[+] 3 users Like DemonicLemon's post
02-02-2014, 01:00 AM
(02-02-2014 12:37 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I don't see frogs, lizards, turtles, insects on this list of recommended eating. Not interested.

Also, relevant, http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Paleo-diet

I see what you mean. The diet has "evolved" over the years. I know that apples and bananas weren't eaten by paleolithic humans. The only problem i have with the article though is the end. If humans of the past lived in our times they would live just as long as we do. You got to remember a diet shouldn't be based on when some one died. We live in the age were people eat junk food all the time and tend to live longer then our ancestors did.

02-02-2014, 01:01 AM
(02-02-2014 01:00 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  If humans of the past lived in our times they would live just as long as we do.
How do you know that?

02-02-2014, 01:05 AM
(02-02-2014 01:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 01:00 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  If humans of the past lived in our times they would live just as long as we do.
How do you know that?

Think about it. Today we have the science to increase life expectancy. In the past 100000 years ago have a large cut could have meant death. I should also take natural selection into consideration. Humans that lived longer were able to reproduce more then those who didn't (can't mate when your dead).

even in the last 100 years life expectancy has risen due to change of our species
http://www.livescience.com/23989-human-l...ntury.html

02-02-2014, 01:25 AM
(02-02-2014 01:05 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Think about it. Today we have the science to increase life expectancy. In the past 100000 years ago have a large cut could have meant death. I should also take natural selection into consideration. Humans that lived longer were able to reproduce more then those who didn't (can't mate when your dead).

even in the last 100 years life expectancy has risen due to change of our species
http://www.livescience.com/23989-human-l...ntury.html
My issue is not so much with the point you're trying to make as it is with the wording of your statement. It suggests that your statement is factually true when it is really nothing more than conjecture.

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
02-02-2014, 01:28 AM
My issue is not so much with the point you're trying to make as it is with the wording of your statement. It suggests that your statement is factually true when it is really nothing more than conjecture.
[/quote]

Gotcha Sleepy

02-02-2014, 07:05 AM
I`ll give you my best diet advice.

Dont eat at all!!!!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]