You should try eating the Paleolithic Diet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 05:36 AM
RE: You should try eating the Paleolithic Diet
Who in the Paleolithic was eating both coconuts and potatoes?

Not sure about the chocolate either.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
03-02-2014, 05:54 AM
Looking to the past for diet choices makes sense in that our digestive system and chemical composition evolved to survive on the foods that were eaten by us for many centuries and arguably are most efficiently functioning that way.

However, you would then need to look at your personal ancestry, the regions they inhabited, and the food consumed there.

I think the greatest merit of this type of diet is the avoidance of processed foods - i.e. chemicals added for preservation, flavor and looks.

Those chemicals are definitely not something we evolved to thrive on, and the long term effect on us and our offspring is unknown.

I can see merits in the Paleo diet, and it's been around for some time. But I also think some of the exclusions are silly and not necessary.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-02-2014, 01:39 PM
(03-02-2014 05:36 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Who in the Paleolithic was eating both coconuts and potatoes?

Not sure about the chocolate either.

The diet is more towards food that does't have downfalls. Potatoes are only aloud if you work out. That and potatoes are tubers.

Chocolate is only aloud because you're aloud to eat it raw. Though i wouldn't recommend it it nasty Shocking

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
03-02-2014, 02:43 PM
I stopped reading when it got to the part where anything that is not organic is "poisoned'.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
03-02-2014, 03:49 PM
(03-02-2014 01:39 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  The diet is more towards food that does't have downfalls.

It shouldn't be called the Paleolithic then.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
04-02-2014, 11:57 AM
I might try it some time for shits and giggles..
04-02-2014, 12:22 PM
The name is gimmicky but it looks ok as far as 'diets' go. I prefer having a sound understanding of nutrition and adjust my food accordingly for results. The backbone of my diet is fresh fruit, root veg, grilled white meat, small amounts of brown rice. Jalipinos and too many cups of tea. I do eat some dairy and also use protein supplements. (I also steal sweeties out of the cupboard when nobody is looking) Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
04-02-2014, 12:44 PM
I try to keep my carbs to a minimum (bad for the skin) but I could never stick to paleo, even if my life depended on it. A large portion of my diet these days consists of sprouts, and I just can't give them up! Tongue

I actually have a few friends who keep desperately trying to get me to go paleo. Wouldn't it be a small world if you knew them from the web, too?

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
04-02-2014, 04:02 PM
(04-02-2014 12:44 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I try to keep my carbs to a minimum (bad for the skin) but I could never stick to paleo, even if my life depended on it. A large portion of my diet these days consists of sprouts, and I just can't give them up! Tongue

I actually have a few friends who keep desperately trying to get me to go paleo. Wouldn't it be a small world if you knew them from the web, too?

Sprouts!? You're sick! Big Grin

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
11-02-2014, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 01:51 PM by Cathym112.)
I've been on this "diet" for 10 years. Its basically eliminating processed food. If it comes out of a box, or a jar, don't eat it.

If you can pluck it, hunt it, gather it, fish it or grow it (and eat it in its natural form), then you can eat it. Its simple.

BUT...since we live in this century and not the paleo one, I would suggest doing an 85/15 diet. Meaning, three MEALS a week (meals, not days), you can have a non-paleo food.

I started this diet when I was diagnosed with Celiacs.

Also, non-"organic" foods are fine. Do not confuse the word "organic" with "good for you" Heroine is "organic", Opium is "organic", Arsenic is "organic"...So eating an apple that is not considered organic is totally and completely fine.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson