You will believe in god in a middle of airplane crash!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-02-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: You will believe in god in a middle of airplane crash!
Actually I think that most believers would cease to believe very quickly. If you are so sure that you are going to a better place, say heaven, why do you scream and shit your pants?

The real gospel: Jesus went rogue and preached love instead of genocide. God got angry and went old testament style on Jesus's ass, setting him up to be tortured and killed. The End.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Alexandro's post
22-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Some people will cling to straws when faced with death. The two atheists I witnessed passing did no such thing.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-02-2014, 10:10 AM
(22-02-2014 09:26 AM)Alexandro Wrote:  Actually I think that most believers would cease to believe very quickly. If you are so sure that you are going to a better place, say heaven, why do you scream and shit your pants?

Well, God made the airplane crash, so obviously he WANTS you to scream and all. Best not to disobey him right before you meet him.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
22-02-2014, 11:19 AM
(21-02-2014 08:34 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 08:24 PM)donotwant Wrote:  No it's another person.

German why don't you just fuck off.

Because I donotwant to.

Win. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-02-2014, 01:59 PM
I think my odds would be slightly better if I began to believe in Superman if my plane was crashing.
I've seen him rescue lots of planes in all kinds of movies.

God seems to be more interesting in killing people than saving them.
If you have a belief in god and god wants your relationship with him to move to the next level, that's when your plane crashes.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
22-02-2014, 03:12 PM
It's probably true that most people will "believe" in every superstitious thing they've ever heard of when they're about to die and there's nothing they actually can do. It's just desperation, not real belief. You might inwardly pray to every god you've ever heard of, and try to telepathically contact your fairy godmother, or aliens that might be in the area for help, or you might see if you have magical powers to save yourself and everyone around you. As humans, we don't find it all that easy to completely give up in such a situation. We'll try to "solve" the problem with illogical nonsense when there is nothing logical that can help us.

The level of "belief" is similar to how you don't believe in monsters, except when you hear a noise at night and you are suddenly 100% certain that there is one under your bed.
[+] 1 user Likes NoraBrimstone's post
22-02-2014, 03:40 PM
I have been in a few life threatening situations in my life. During each I was so intent on saving my ass that I did not have time to think about theology.

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post
22-02-2014, 03:57 PM
A couple of years ago I did a local cemetery tour. One of the saddest stories was one of a lady who had been praying the the local Catholic Catherdral when a huge earthquake hit. It crashed in on top of her trapping her under the rubble and then caught fire. She was still alive and the only part of her they could reach was her head. There was no way on Gods green earth they could rescue her before she burned to death so a local Dr who was also a Catholic gave her a lethal injection of morphine to kill her and save her from a horrible and terrifyingly painful death.

Just awful. Essentially by agreeing she was committing suicide and we all know how Catholics feel about that. The Dr was murdering her and saving her at the same time. In that situation she must have been thinking where is my God now. I'm praying to him in his house and now not only has he visited this disaster on me he is punishing me with the horror of a hideous death and at the same time ensuring I am going to hell. Talk about being forsaken.

I wonder how she felt about her God in her final moments.

[+] 2 users Like Pippen's post
22-02-2014, 04:39 PM
(22-02-2014 03:57 PM)Pippen Wrote:  A couple of years ago I did a local cemetery tour. One of the saddest stories was one of a lady who had been praying the the local Catholic Catherdral when a huge earthquake hit. It crashed in on top of her trapping her under the rubble and then caught fire. She was still alive and the only part of her they could reach was her head. There was no way on Gods green earth they could rescue her before she burned to death so a local Dr who was also a Catholic gave her a lethal injection of morphine to kill her and save her from a horrible and terrifyingly painful death.

Just awful. Essentially by agreeing she was committing suicide and we all know how Catholics feel about that. The Dr was murdering her and saving her at the same time. In that situation she must have been thinking where is my God now. I'm praying to him in his house and now not only has he visited this disaster on me he is punishing me with the horror of a hideous death and at the same time ensuring I am going to hell. Talk about being forsaken.

Holy shit thats brutal Gasp
Is the doctor going to hell now though?
It's not really a suicide if it's somebody else killing you.
22-02-2014, 05:11 PM
(22-02-2014 04:39 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 03:57 PM)Pippen Wrote:  A couple of years ago I did a local cemetery tour. One of the saddest stories was one of a lady who had been praying the the local Catholic Catherdral when a huge earthquake hit. It crashed in on top of her trapping her under the rubble and then caught fire. She was still alive and the only part of her they could reach was her head. There was no way on Gods green earth they could rescue her before she burned to death so a local Dr who was also a Catholic gave her a lethal injection of morphine to kill her and save her from a horrible and terrifyingly painful death.

Holy shit thats brutal Gasp
Is the doctor going to hell now though?
It's not really a suicide if it's somebody else killing you.

I think euthanasia is still considered suicide by the church. From memory they told her her options, burn to death or a quick painless death, and that is the one she chose. I know which one I would rather have. Has she followed the church dogma it would have dictated she choose the burning to death option so I guess it could be considered rejecting the church and its teachings in her final moments. This was eighty odd years ago.