You will believe in god in a middle of airplane crash!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-02-2014, 01:57 AM
RE: You will believe in god in a middle of airplane crash!
Well, having been in a situation where I thought I was about to die, and I did *not* start believing in gods at that moment, I can assert that not everyone starts believing in gods at such moments.

....the second scenario doesn't even make sense. How would you know you were about to become a super depressed drug addict? No-one goes down that road knowing that's what's going to happen.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 03:34 AM
(22-02-2014 03:12 PM)NoraBrimstone Wrote:  It's probably true that most people will "believe" in every superstitious thing they've ever heard of when they're about to die and there's nothing they actually can do. It's just desperation, not real belief. You might inwardly pray to every god you've ever heard of, and try to telepathically contact your fairy godmother, or aliens that might be in the area for help, or you might see if you have magical powers to save yourself and everyone around you. As humans, we don't find it all that easy to completely give up in such a situation. We'll try to "solve" the problem with illogical nonsense when there is nothing logical that can help us.

The level of "belief" is similar to how you don't believe in monsters, except when you hear a noise at night and you are suddenly 100% certain that there is one under your bed.

What a post! Pat yourself on the back.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
23-02-2014, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2014 04:41 AM by BlackMason.)
I was in a serious car accident. BMW SUV lost control on the highway on a rainy day while rushing to church ironically. We nearly got ROCKED by the cars on the opposite highway going the other way. The car was literally jumping and luckily when we were about to jump over onto the on coming cars, the barrier caught the underneath of the car. I was in the back seat and all I did was lay on my side and brace myself. No gods no nothing. It was literally survival instinct kicking in.

I was still a theist back then.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
23-02-2014, 07:18 AM
(21-02-2014 08:12 PM)donotwant Wrote:  That's what I was told today.
The question is what difference does it make? One may believe many things when you flying at 500 miles per hour in the uncontrolled vertical dive. Does not impact the truth of those propositions in any way shape or form. Just like me sitting on my comfy couch doesn't.

Also I was told that I will believe if I am going to be a super depressed drug addict with no future. Well if people need to be depressed drug addicts to believe your propositions maybe they don't hold that much merit to begin with?

People sure like to appeal to emotion.

Which god are we talking about here?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
23-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Many years ago I had, what I considered, a bad case of food poison. The pain was worse than anything I had ever felt up to that point.
Granted, I've never been shot or had a major broken bone reset back into place, but for me, this hurt a lot.

I put the call out to any deity, devil, demon, alien, time traveling inter-dimensional peeping tom. Anyone who wants my soul, if I have one. It's all yours. I'll even give up snack chips, sweets & bbq. You want me to sign a blood oath on a contract, sure, no problem.

First one to step up and make the pain go away wins.

And then miraculously ..... jk
I was in pain for hours and hours. It subsided after a day in bed with sweats and tortuous stabs of pain in the gut. Lots of trips to the bathroom at both ends.
I hope to never have something like that again.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
23-02-2014, 03:26 PM
(23-02-2014 08:34 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Many years ago I had, what I considered, a bad case of food poison. The pain was worse than anything I had ever felt up to that point.
Granted, I've never been shot or had a major broken bone reset back into place, but for me, this hurt a lot.

I put the call out to any deity, devil, demon, alien, time traveling inter-dimensional peeping tom. Anyone who wants my soul, if I have one. It's all yours. I'll even give up snack chips, sweets & bbq. You want me to sign a blood oath on a contract, sure, no problem.

I was in pain for hours and hours. It subsided after a day in bed with sweats and tortuous stabs of pain in the gut. Lots of trips to the bathroom at both ends.

It's god giving you warning on what is waiting for you Wink
23-02-2014, 05:38 PM
(23-02-2014 03:26 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 08:34 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Many years ago I had, what I considered, a bad case of food poison. The pain was worse than anything I had ever felt up to that point.

It's god giving you warning on what is waiting for you Wink

I eat gods for breakfast. Apparently that tasty christian god does poison everything. Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results