Young Atheist :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Young Atheist :D
Hi, my name is Steven Dang, I'm a 14 years old atheist, living in Canada, and I'm Asian.Big Grin

I grew up in a atheist family, My dad from vietnam, mother from China, and vietnam was like 81% atheist, and china was 99% atheist, well pretty sure china wasn't religious.Tongue

but I became a Christian when I was about 2,3 or 4, because my parents put me and my little brother in church for free daycare on Sundays, because the baby sitter moved away.

Then I realized Christianity was all fairy tales, and how my love for science contradicts with religion, and became a atheist at age 14. Probably from the help of youtube videos explaining that religion is a lie. I was scared at first that religion was a lie, so I ignored it ,and then I decided to accept god never existed.

Yes I know it wasn't much of a story, its about 12:47am, usually stay up late on weekends, well I tried sleeping earlier but my brother plays his computer that is in my room. So I kinda just sleep late anyways.

If you guys want to hear my story, its rather depressing, and how I was confuse and lost without the help of science. I don't mind sharing my story, I just like to handle my own problems, don't let others worry for me, because of this isolation. I grew up being independent, and not much of a person rely on others, and handle everything on my own.

p.s. I love Intelligence Smile
p.s.s Wonder if there are any younger atheist, probably there is.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Laxion's post
24-12-2010, 07:56 AM
RE: Young Atheist :D
Welcome to the forum.
There's a thread in the Casual Coffeehouse topic where everyone says their age - you could probably find some young atheists there.
Best of luck.
25-12-2010, 01:01 AM
You just may be the youngest actually, not entirely sure yet though, from what I can see most are college students or above, and I few high school students here and there, I'm one of those high school students (Junior) and gaglamesh, aren't you 15?
25-12-2010, 07:49 AM
No , ROFLMAO
I'm 23 , I already posted in the topic.
LOL Big Grin Good one.
25-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Okay I made up china's statistics, but We all know its like 100% atheist...

I don't feel like writing that story, I'm being extremely lazy now, well maybe just post random stuff since I have nothing to do this weekend.Tongue
25-12-2010, 04:10 PM
I have no idea what the atheism levels in Asia are like, except Japan which is reported to have the highest level of atheism in the world. China being 99% or 100% atheist seems too high a number. Even the 81% for Viet Nam that you posted earlier seemed very high to me. Are they really that high?

I am Canadian, born and raised here. I live in Winnipeg. I hope you enjoy the form.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
25-12-2010, 05:42 PM
According to a 2005 poll:

People who say they believe in a personal god
Asia: 50%
Europe: West 60%, east and central 65%
North-America: 71%
Middle east: 79%
Latin-America: 82%
Africa: 91%
World: 65%

The Asians are cheating since Buddhism isn't strictly speaking theism.

Bonus info: only 36,5% of the Norwegian population count themselves as religious. ( best in Europe ) Big Grin

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
26-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Oh damnit, who was it that was 15?
26-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I believe TruthAddict is 15.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
27-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Okay guys, I got statistics on the countries, well Vietnam should be on it, not all, but demonstrating atheist are more peaceful. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA