Young Atheist :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2010, 10:03 AM
RE: Young Atheist :D
I don't think it's 100% fair to say atheists are more peaceful.
They are just far less likely to commit violence upon fellow human beings in the name of absurd bronze age mythologies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Maybe the same things that cause the high, or should I say normal Wink, atheist rates are the same things that cause peacefulness? And of course the causes may differ between different countries.
We can say that secular countries seem to be more peaceful than theistic ones, but we can't really say that it would be because of atheism.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
28-12-2010, 11:01 PM
There are many factors, but in general, you could say most atheist are more peaceful than theist.
29-12-2010, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2010 05:32 AM by Observer.)
(24-12-2010 01:56 AM)Laxion Wrote:  Hi, my name is Steven Dang, I'm a 14 years old atheist, living in Canada, and I'm Asian.Big Grin

I grew up in a atheist family, My dad from vietnam, mother from China, and vietnam was like 81% atheist, and china was 99% atheist, well pretty sure china wasn't religious.Tongue

but I became a Christian when I was about 2,3 or 4, because my parents put me and my little brother in church for free daycare on Sundays, because the baby sitter moved away.

Then I realized Christianity was all fairy tales, and how my love for science contradicts with religion, and became a atheist at age 14. Probably from the help of youtube videos explaining that religion is a lie. I was scared at first that religion was a lie, so I ignored it ,and then I decided to accept god never existed.

Yes I know it wasn't much of a story, its about 12:47am, usually stay up late on weekends, well I tried sleeping earlier but my brother plays his computer that is in my room. So I kinda just sleep late anyways.

If you guys want to hear my story, its rather depressing, and how I was confuse and lost without the help of science. I don't mind sharing my story, I just like to handle my own problems, don't let others worry for me, because of this isolation. I grew up being independent, and not much of a person rely on others, and handle everything on my own.

p.s. I love Intelligence Smile
p.s.s Wonder if there are any younger atheist, probably there is.

This post is the very DNA of hope!
Welcome to freedom Steven. Don' t be afraid of the unknown. Wink

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
29-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks, DNA for hope ? I see the world becoming more atheist, I think humanity will advance into a better nicer, more peaceful place. We just need Good education for the students Smile

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
29-12-2010, 10:23 PM
(28-12-2010 10:03 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I don't think it's 100% fair to say atheists are more peaceful.
They are just far less likely to commit violence upon fellow human beings in the name of absurd bronze age mythologies.

If you are less likely to commit violence upon fellow human beings in the name of absurd bronze age mythologies, then you are overall less violent, and less violent is equivalent to more peaceful, so I think it's a 100% fair statement to say that atheists are generally more peaceful. (also if you look at the prison numbers by belief, atheists constitute less than 1% of prison populations, whereas we constitute 15%-20% of the US, however with christians it's 65% and 65%)