Young Living Essential Oils is a Scam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2017, 04:02 AM
RE: Young Living Essential Oils is a Scam
With the doggies, we have a big box full of lots of different oils in bottles. They are supposed to address all kinds of problems, many of which the symptoms may not be visible to us.

We offer them in turn, holding the bottle out. If the dog chooses it, they will inhale more of it and you see several signs such as them smacking their lips or having a faraway look that shows they are processing them. A lot of the time they just ignore it completely.

If there is a problem, often one we're not aware of as we say, they tend to pick out several ones which all aid that problem. We make a note of the ones that have been selected, and offer those ones again the next day. The doggy often continues to want those ones, but then will suddenly stop after a number of days. The idea is that however that oil was helping them, they no longer need it anymore.

We also put down certain powers mixed with water or vegetable oil, all at once, and the dog selects from them the ones they need at the time. Often the situation they are in will alter what they pick (the same with smelling the oils) as they may have additional stress and so on. Again, after a few days, they may stop eating the powder, indicating the problem has been solved. If they continue to lap up a lot of it for continued periods, this can indicate a more serious problem that could require vetinary intervention.

The oils can also be used as a form of regression to help the dogs relive and finally process past trauma. As traumatic memories are stored in their original state (just like in humans), they have never been dealt with. The right oil, combined with being made strong enough through other oils/powders, can cause them to reach this state and to release the trauma. My wife saw this actually happen during her course, with a dog one of the attendees had brought in. She said it's a scary thing to see, and you'd think the dog had lost its mind temporarily if you didn't have someone to explain what was happening.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2017, 05:31 AM
(08-05-2017 04:02 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  With the doggies, we have a big box full of lots of different oils in bottles. They are supposed to address all kinds of problems, many of which the symptoms may not be visible to us.

We offer them in turn, holding the bottle out. If the dog chooses it, they will inhale more of it and you see several signs such as them smacking their lips or having a faraway look that shows they are processing them. A lot of the time they just ignore it completely.

If there is a problem, often one we're not aware of as we say, they tend to pick out several ones which all aid that problem. We make a note of the ones that have been selected, and offer those ones again the next day. The doggy often continues to want those ones, but then will suddenly stop after a number of days. The idea is that however that oil was helping them, they no longer need it anymore.

We also put down certain powers mixed with water or vegetable oil, all at once, and the dog selects from them the ones they need at the time. Often the situation they are in will alter what they pick (the same with smelling the oils) as they may have additional stress and so on. Again, after a few days, they may stop eating the powder, indicating the problem has been solved. If they continue to lap up a lot of it for continued periods, this can indicate a more serious problem that could require vetinary intervention.

How do you know the dog doesn't just enjoy experiencing a new smell or taste and then gets bored with it after a few days? I have a cat that goes crazy over particular foods but only for a day or two at a time and then I have to wait at least a week to give it to him again or he just looks at me like I'm nuts for offering that yet again.

Quote:The oils can also be used as a form of regression to help the dogs relive and finally process past trauma. As traumatic memories are stored in their original state (just like in humans), they have never been dealt with. The right oil, combined with being made strong enough through other oils/powders, can cause them to reach this state and to release the trauma. My wife saw this actually happen during her course, with a dog one of the attendees had brought in. She said it's a scary thing to see, and you'd think the dog had lost its mind temporarily if you didn't have someone to explain what was happening.

While I might be persuaded that the dogs are getting some value from the oils, even as a placebo or just from relaxation, I think this is a bit over the top. I don't see how you can possibly look at the dog's reaction and decide he is reliving or releasing a past trauma.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
08-05-2017, 06:37 AM
(08-05-2017 04:02 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  We also put down certain powers mixed with water or vegetable oil, all at once, and the dog selects from them the ones they need at the time.

[Image: Underdog-2.jpg]

Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
08-05-2017, 06:44 AM
Sounds like the training for tracking. The dog is presented with various items, some of them scented with Heroin or whatever you want the dog to learn to find. Sniffing the items , the dog gets rewarded with praise when he sniffs the heroin. Soon he will pick it out , anywhere, anytime.

In your case, it's a reward anytime the dog picks out anything, you look pleased that he picked something. Easy, peasy fun for the dogs. That alone is therapeutic.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-05-2017, 12:50 PM
(06-05-2017 07:12 PM)GMSkeptic Wrote:  Young Living is a multilevel marketing company that sells essential oils. They claim that their oils can cure every disease. The problem is... there's no evidence to back up their claims. So instead of evidence, they utilize manipulation tactics and reliance on cognitive bias to grow their influence. Sound like religion? It should.

I use EO in soapmaking to make it smell nice, nothing more.

Unfortunately, my mom has bought into the EO hype... hard. Some neighbor lady from her church has been pitching this stuff (YL) and using it to "cure" things. I currently work in vaccine trials and gave her a bunch of research papers showing it was nothing but crap.
Later, My mom even gave me some random frankincense cream to me for my migraines, when even potent painkillers will barely touch them. I flat told her it would do anything. Her reply was, "What do scientists know? They are only human. Jesus was given frankincense and myrrh as a gift. Obviously, God knows how to heal better." Hobo Facepalm Weeping I almost stuck my foot in my mouth and said couldn't you have given me the gold, at least I could go buy what actually works.
[+] 3 users Like deerseed's post