Young Turks...what is the appeal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: Young Turks...what is the appeal?
I feel they're far too biased. Sometimes justifiably, sometimes extremely.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2017, 10:37 PM
I prefer Secular Talk. Some may find him unprofessional, but I don't care.

01-09-2017, 12:13 AM
I've never cared for their stridency, nor for their willingness to play fast and loose with fact. I don't regard them as a valid source.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-09-2017, 02:15 AM
I mostly stick with podcasts, and my 2 go-to ones are the Majority Report with Sam Seder, and The Skepticrat.

[Image: MR+MajorityFM+LOGO+opaque+face+copy.jpg]

[Image: Skepticrat-logo-square-2000x2000.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-09-2017, 02:19 AM
(01-09-2017 02:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I mostly stick with podcasts, and my 2 go-to ones are the Majority Report with Sam Seder, and The Skepticrat.

The what? That doesn't sound like any recently broadcast podcast I've ever heard of. Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-09-2017, 02:25 AM
(01-09-2017 02:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 02:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I mostly stick with podcasts, and my 2 go-to ones are the Majority Report with Sam Seder, and The Skepticrat.

The what? That doesn't sound like any recently broadcast podcast I've ever heard of. Dodgy

Hardy-har-har...

It's the best 30 minutes you'll get every 2 weeks or so... Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-09-2017, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 07:35 AM by BikerDude.)
(31-08-2017 11:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My kids like watching them, I can see their appeal to young political activists.

(31-08-2017 08:51 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  I did not and would not ever vote for Trump, but seeing the deer in the headlights look on the face of this breed of douche was almost worth 4 years of a piece of shit like Trump.

The big Turk predicted Trump's victory in July 2016. Deer in the headlight is not an accurate description.

3 foot dick in the ass look maybe?
Would that be more accurate?

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
01-09-2017, 07:51 AM
Anyway, is OP one of those people who only complains about the left? That's what it seems like.

01-09-2017, 08:56 AM
(01-09-2017 07:51 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Anyway, is OP one of those people who only complains about the left? That's what it seems like.

Apologies if it came off as complaining. I thought I structured the post as an inquiry with legitimate questions based on my observations since I became a member here. The questions weren't rhetorical and I appreciate all of the feedback that I've received. Seems there are several left leaning folks here who don't particularly care for the Young Turks, and some that do.

My leanings fall all over the spectrum. I'm a pro-choice gun-nut who abhors religion. I'm for school choice, less government, same-sex marriage, capitalism and freedom. I'm against racism, sexism (unless I'm joking with my wife), overbearing government regulations, and both Trump and Clinton (Hillary that is). I don't think I can really be pigeonholed into the left or right columns.

If I've become known to you as a complainer about only the left, then I'm doing something wrong. Each situation is unique and should be approached with an open mind each time. I have lots of questions and appreciate many different points of view.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 3 users Like reeveseb's post
01-09-2017, 09:24 AM
(01-09-2017 08:56 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 07:51 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Anyway, is OP one of those people who only complains about the left? That's what it seems like.

Apologies if it came off as complaining. I thought I structured the post as an inquiry with legitimate questions based on my observations since I became a member here. The questions weren't rhetorical and I appreciate all of the feedback that I've received. Seems there are several left leaning folks here who don't particularly care for the Young Turks, and some that do.

My leanings fall all over the spectrum. I'm a pro-choice gun-nut who abhors religion. I'm for school choice, less government, same-sex marriage, capitalism and freedom. I'm against racism, sexism (unless I'm joking with my wife), overbearing government regulations, and both Trump and Clinton (Hillary that is). I don't think I can really be pigeonholed into the left or right columns.

If I've become known to you as a complainer about only the left, then I'm doing something wrong. Each situation is unique and should be approached with an open mind each time. I have lots of questions and appreciate many different points of view.

I wouldn't say asking people what the appeal is constitutes complaining.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]