Young Turks...what is the appeal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Young Turks...what is the appeal?
(01-09-2017 08:56 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  My leanings fall all over the spectrum. I'm a pro-choice gun-nut who abhors religion. I'm for school choice, less government, same-sex marriage, capitalism and freedom. I'm against racism, sexism (unless I'm joking with my wife), overbearing government regulations, and both Trump and Clinton (Hillary that is). I don't think I can really be pigeonholed into the left or right columns.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 10:33 AM
(01-09-2017 08:56 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 07:51 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Anyway, is OP one of those people who only complains about the left? That's what it seems like.

Apologies if it came off as complaining. I thought I structured the post as an inquiry with legitimate questions based on my observations since I became a member here. The questions weren't rhetorical and I appreciate all of the feedback that I've received. Seems there are several left leaning folks here who don't particularly care for the Young Turks, and some that do.

My leanings fall all over the spectrum. I'm a pro-choice gun-nut who abhors religion. I'm for school choice, less government, same-sex marriage, capitalism and freedom. I'm against racism, sexism (unless I'm joking with my wife), overbearing government regulations, and both Trump and Clinton (Hillary that is). I don't think I can really be pigeonholed into the left or right columns.

If I've become known to you as a complainer about only the left, then I'm doing something wrong. Each situation is unique and should be approached with an open mind each time. I have lots of questions and appreciate many different points of view.
What spectrum.. everything you just listed is upon limited governence on a libertarian scale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
01-09-2017, 10:45 AM
(01-09-2017 07:28 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 11:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My kids like watching them, I can see their appeal to young political activists.

The big Turk predicted Trump's victory in July 2016. Deer in the headlight is not an accurate description.

3 foot dick in the ass look maybe?
Would that be more accurate?

I seriously doubt it, Trump has little tiny prepubescent boy hands.

#sigh
01-09-2017, 11:15 AM
(01-09-2017 10:33 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What spectrum.. everything you just listed is upon limited governence on a libertarian scale.

If you want to put me on that particular bus, that's cool...but you can't make me sit in the back!!! I disagree with several libertarian stances such as social security, foreign policy, border control, the death penalty, tax methods, etc.

I tried to keep from being labeled, but it's everywhere!!! I was simply trying to tell GenesisNemesis that I don't follow party lines and attack when I'm supposed to based on what someone else says. I'm a lover, not a fighter!!!
HeartAngelHug

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 1 user Likes reeveseb's post
01-09-2017, 11:17 AM
(01-09-2017 10:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 07:28 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  3 foot dick in the ass look maybe?
Would that be more accurate?

I seriously doubt it, Trump has little tiny prepubescent boy hands.

He outsources.
Think the apprentice.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
01-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Ana's legs.

They were cool for a second but time marches on. They have seem to have found the same vein of reflection... as mentioned earlier.

Ana's legs, I'll reiterate.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2017, 03:33 PM
(01-09-2017 03:31 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  They were cool for a second

Ana's legs? Consider

Quote:but time marches on.

Ana's legs. Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-09-2017, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 03:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-09-2017 03:31 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Ana's legs.

They were cool for a second but time marches on. They have seem to have found the same vein of reflection... as mentioned earlier.

Ana's legs, I'll reiterate.

No. Just No.

She's got spiked knee-implants just to make sure that when she's kneeing you in the nuts she don't care if you're Theon Greyjoy when she feels like busting your balls.

[Image: aV8DPv3.jpg][Image: viU7hua.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-09-2017, 07:41 AM
In the beginning they were good and brought up stories that mainstream media seemed to ignore.

But then somewhere along the line, they lost their reason, rationality and journalistic integrity.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
02-09-2017, 08:11 AM
(02-09-2017 07:41 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  But then somewhere along the line, they lost their reason, rationality and journalistic integrity.

I'd love a specific example. Everyone's down on them but in my short time viewing them I haven't come across anything that smacks of lost reason, rationality or journalistic integrity?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.