Your Credo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: Your Credo
Golden rule works well as my credo. Simple, concise, and elegant.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2013, 03:57 PM
(27-12-2013 02:08 AM)riseinside Wrote:  I believe the Seahawks are a very good football team and this is the best chance we have ever had of reaching, and winning, the super bowl.

Um, they reached the Super Bowl in 2005. Undecided

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2013, 04:00 PM
(27-12-2013 03:57 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 02:08 AM)riseinside Wrote:  I believe the Seahawks are a very good football team and this is the best chance we have ever had of reaching, and winning, the super bowl.

And Winning.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-12-2013, 04:07 PM
(25-12-2013 10:11 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  Okay so I got this idea from doing my senior book for school. We had to do a credo and I feel like this might be something fun to do on here. Basically it's what you believe in. Not necessarily religion. Here's mine:

I believe in being honest, even if there is nothing to gain and everything to lose.
I believe in that there is a basic good in everyone.
I believe in helping others, especially when there is nothing to gain from it.
I believe that music has the power to change lives.
I believe in always fighting to protect the ones who you love.
I believe in always doing the right thing, especially when it’s most difficult.
I believe that everyone on this planet is worth something.
I believe in giving to others whenever possible, be it time, money, or material items.
I believe in the power of a smile to make someone’s day instantly brighter.
I believe in love.

It also doesn't necessarily have to be in an "I believe . . ." form. Basically just kind of put anything that at this point in your life you believe to be true. It also doesn't have to be nearly as long as mine. I just had to do ten points for my senior book. Let's see where this goes . . .

A horrific truth is always preferable to a wonderful lie. The only lie that is justified is one which makes life easier and is temporary. Avarice and ambition are good things in tandem, advancing my own ends is my first priority and is such for all humanity, consciously or not.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-12-2013, 05:39 PM
There are no rules. Only exceptions.

Do unto others as they'd have you do unto them, unless it's decidedly inconvenient.

Don't be a dick.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-12-2013, 05:53 PM
(26-12-2013 02:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I believe there's not a single good looking Indian guy on this planet, not one.

i will hunt you down ,muffs.4ever

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
27-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Photo RE: Your Credo
(27-12-2013 05:53 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(26-12-2013 02:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I believe there's not a single good looking Indian guy on this planet, not one.

i will hunt you down ,muffs.4ever

Yeah, go fuck yourself, muffs.

Lightvader and I will fucking hunt you down and kill you.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
27-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Stark Raving has already posted it but my credo is nice and simple, easy to remember and covers everything:

Don't be a dick.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
27-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Recently, this really hot girl said: "Well if you don't believe in God, what do you believe?"

To which, after some thought, I replied with:

"I believe that the most moral thing, isn't necessarily the most legal thing.
I believe that we humans are capable of feeling love ourselves, and not that some force grants us it.
I believe that the purpose to life is to reproduce, but YOUR purpose is solely of your own making.
I believe religion clouds morality, rationality and progress.
I believe that some generally immoral actions can be considered moral in certain circumstances.
I believe that morality comes from us, not handed down to us.
I believe that I didn't choose to be straight, I was born that way.
I believe that the universe is an incredibly beautiful mess that creates, destroys and boggles the mind.
And finally,

I believe that you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, would you go out with me?"

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
28-12-2013, 02:34 AM
(27-12-2013 03:57 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  

Yes. We did. I do try to block that year out though lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user