Your Earthly Remains?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2011, 05:27 PM

RE: Your Earthly Remains?
(10-01-2011 02:38 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  Fellow Ohioan?

I am. I'm in Columbus (Reynoldsburg to be specific).
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I want to be cremated. There is a place I always used to visit with my dad, a wetland sort of area, where I'd like my ashes scattered. Whether it's legal or not, it could be easily done without anyone noticing. Wink And it's my favorite place in the world.

I haven't left any instructions for this, I suppose I should at some point. I don't have any kids, and don't plan to, so unless my husband survives me, I'm not sure who would do it anyway.

That's nice to think about. :/

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2011, 07:51 PM
(10-01-2011 05:27 PM)Dregs Wrote:  

Buckeye here, yes. On the mighty O about an hour from Pittsburgh and an hour from Youngstown.
10-01-2011, 07:59 PM

(10-01-2011 07:51 PM)gamutman Wrote:  
(10-01-2011 05:27 PM)Dregs Wrote:  

Buckeye here, yes. On the mighty O about an hour from Pittsburgh and an hour from Youngstown.

Born and raised in Ellwood City, PA. That's about an 40 minutes north of Pittsburgh.
10-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Well I plan to be immortal, but in the event I die before I reach that point, I wish to have everything donated to science that is usable on my body, and my DNA to be stored and frozen so that my perfect genetics can be cloned in the future when there are no idiots to say it's immoral.
10-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Cryogenics for me , all the way.
I'm almost 99.99% sure I wont be brought back or anything but I may prove an interesting exhibit for future museums : "Idiot who tried to live forever" - at least I admit it and don't pray to pink unicorns Tongue
12-01-2011, 10:53 PM

I am considering cremation as well. A relative recently died from cancer and he lost a lot of weight. At the funeral they had him dressed up in makeup to the point that he looked like he was made out of plastic. I have not been to many funerals in my 27 years (lucky I guess), only some great-grandparents, and from what I can remember they sort of looked like plastic as well. I don't care what happens to my body when I am dead, but I do not like the idea of having it pumped full of weird preservatives and chemicals so that I can be put on display.

I got a form in the mail not too long ago for organ donation. I filled it out and donated my major organs (except the eyes). I don't know why, but I don't want my eyes ripped out. If people could have their eyeballs transplanted into blind people so they could see that would be great, but I am unaware of this being currently possible.

For the actual funeral I would request a non-religious one. No crosses or things displayed and no formal prayer. The last thing I would want is some preacher saying that I was a man of God or loved Jesus or other BS like that. If family wants to say a prayer that is fine, but I do not want it to be "part of the service." After all the point of a funeral is for loved ones to mourn and remember the memories. I don't want to be remembered as "The Christian" or "THE ATHIEST" either, just ME!