Your Embarrassing Moments.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Your Embarrassing Moments.
Yup, I'm starting that topic!

That emotion most of us hate to feel, the moment where you're EMBARASSED! Fly undone, TP on the shoe, said the wrong word, text was autocorrected to someone who really shouldn't see that or you have a 'bat in the cave'.

I DARE you to share!

I'll go first.

This Fall at my grandpa's funeral we (family and close family friends) were standing around the grave for the last goodbyes after they lowered the casket. It had been a very stiff and formal catholic service. We were all standing there and there was this one guy standing really close to the pit all by himself, looking into it. He looked SO sad. He was about grandpa's age and so I thought (so I thought!) it was one of grandpa's good buddies (he looked a lot like one I thought I had seen over the years). Well, I started to feel bad for him because everyone else was hugging everyone else except for him. So, me being already all emotional, I went to give my grandpa's BFF a hug. So I did that. And then he said, "There, there dear." Then he said, "I'm just hired to watch the grave." OMG I felt like the biggest loser in front of everyone. Ha ha ha. I feel all embarrassed all over again. I thought everyone saw, so at that time it felt like doing something stupid on stage, but only like two or three people did. However, by the time I got to my families after (big family) everyone knew and started to tease me. My cousin asked if I wanted to go hug lonely old men walking down the street and call them grandpa and other ppl said I made his day. Ha ha. My family still harass' me.

Another time, when I was about 10, I laughed so hard that tears ran down my leg, if you get what I mean Sad. It's true. I sat in a puddle to pretend I wanted to (cuz I'm cool like that) and then when recess ended I changed into gym clothes for the rest of the day, but I'm pretty sure I still stank. Confused

I'll try to remember more to see if I want to share them.

Now PLEASE someone else share so I'm not the only one with a thread that lives forever on a forum that'll never die for all of eternity to know my embarrassing moments to mock me for infinity, please!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post
01-05-2012, 04:05 AM
RE: Your Embarrassing Moments.
(01-05-2012 01:18 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  . So, me being already all emotional, I went to give my grandpa's BFF a hug. So I did that. And then he said, "There, there dear." Then he said, "I'm just hired to watch the grave."

That is brilliant! I lol'd.

I can't top it...but I'll share out of sympathy:

When I was 18, I was in a band. We managed to play a local music festival on the unsigned bands stage. It was awesome, there was thousands of people there and whilst it never led to anything, it was a great experiance. Of course, the fame went completely to our heads and we managed to impress a group of girls enough with our 'performance' to come back to our tents for a few drinks and a BBQ.

This was back in the early 90's, and one of the fashions of the time was 'shell suits' - for the non-UK members of the team, this is sporting apparell consisting of trousers and a zippered top and was made of a very lightweight sythetic material. They came in all sorts of colours and I had a very nifty puple and yellow Nike one that I bought with money earned from my Saturday job. They were also highly flamable.

Because we were 18 and drunk on fame and cheap beer, we decided to make the BBQ go with a bang and doused the charcol with metholated spirits...some splashed on my cherished shell suit and I decided that after getting the BBQ on the go I'd have a relaxing cigarrette.

My parting shot to the fine ladies we'd managed to get back to the tent was, "I'm terribly sorry, I appear to be on fire." I then ran screaming into a duck pond. No permanent damage to me (shell suit a write-off) but I realised I wasn't really cut out for rock and roll...

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 6 users Like Shannow's post
01-05-2012, 09:59 AM
I once lost my underwear while dodging waves at a crowded beach. Confused

Then there was the time I caught the vacuum cleaner on fire when I tried vacuuming the fireplace.

Then there was the time I farted during a wedding and couldn't stop laughing.

Oh, and the other day, after visiting four different customers, I discovered my fly had been unzipped the whole time.

But I rarely embarrass myself...

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 7 users Like Erxomai's post
01-05-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't remember a lot of these moments. But there are two that I can share:

1. I was about 10 years old. And my mom decided that I needed new shoes, so we went to a shoe shop. Now I was wearing pink leggins, a pink pullover that a friend had knitted for me, and pink sandals. All of those not because they were pink (I did never like the color so much) but because all of it felt super comfortable.
Now you know, normally during the day, you forget what you are wearing.
So we went to the shoe shop and there was another mother with her son. And she showed him pink sneakers, and he was like "NOO I am not wearing this!" and I looked at him "yeah, I hate pink, too!"

2. That was last year. I had a new dress and normally I am not wearing dresses. So I am walking home from work, and the dress starts sliding up without me noticing > until the skirtpart was above my hips!!! I only noticed because it was a bit fresh around the butt at some point o.O

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
01-05-2012, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 11:09 AM by LadyJane.)
(01-05-2012 04:05 AM)Shannow Wrote:  No permanent damage to me (shell suit a write-off) but I realised I wasn't really cut out for rock and roll...
No, not necessarily- you rocked the stage! But definitely you should never be a pyrotechnician of any kind. Big Grin

(01-05-2012 09:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I once lost my underwear while dodging waves at a crowded beach. Confused

Oh, and the other day, after visiting four different customers, I discovered my fly had been unzipped the whole time.

But I rarely embarrass myself...
I used to have these pants where the zipper was a chronic fail. Someone gave me a tip and it worked ever since. you point the zipper tab down so it's against the zipper. Worked like a charm after I knew this trick!

Your beach story reminded me of another beach story I have.

I used to go surfing quite a bit, which is surprising because of this story, my first surfing experience when I was about 18 or 19 years old.

So I flew dow to San Diego with my employer at that time and we decided to take surfing lessons. (I didn't grow up around ocean waters, the experience was very new.) We hired lessons and went to a popular beach. We got there and had to carry our long boards all the way to the end of the beach where there was nobody, because apparently in surf culture surfers have territories for all the best spots and, being newbs, we were at the bottom of the rank with our huge arse long boards. So we spent the day learning to surf and I finally got a handle on the pop up and could go by myself. I decided to give it a go and paddled out. I got up on my board and was surfing all wobbly back to shore when I saw a dorsal fin beside me. I freaked out and fell off the board and then started to scream yelling 'help, run and shark'. I was tugging this huge heavy board and falling. When I go to shore people were laughing and some dudes called me some names that were not nice. My instructor and friend-employer pointed to the water and I turned around to see some dolphins swim off. I was so humiliated!

Pretty sure I'm starting to see a theme now... large crowds might start giving me anxiety.

(01-05-2012 11:03 AM)Leela Wrote:  2. That was last year. I had a new dress and normally I am not wearing dresses. So I am walking home from work, and the dress starts sliding up without me noticing > until the skirtpart was above my hips!!! I only noticed because it was a bit fresh around the butt at some point o.O

Good ol' wardrobe malfunctions! I've had too many to count.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I'll share my beach story, since it seems to be the theme.

Not much to it really. 16ish, at the beach with friends. Everyone headed out for a swim, but I decided that the sun was too nice, so I stayed behind to nap on the sand. Just as I was drifting off, I heard one of the (very attractive) girls in the spot next to us whisper, "eww, that guy has a boner!" I sort of looked up to see who it was, and of course it was me. Plus the damn shorts were laying just the right way so it looked like it was pointing directly up at the sky. I immediately sat up to hide it, but it was too late. There were at least a dozen people sitting around trying to hide their laughter.

Funny how much we hated spontanious boners when we were teenagers, but now that i'm a little older I feel a sense of pride when the beast wakes up all by himself. (ya, I went there. I called it a beast. Then again, I call mosquitoes beasts, so you never know)

Needless to say, we moved on to a new spot as soon as the gang got back from their swim.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 10 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-05-2012, 11:41 AM
I crapped my pants at the skating rink one time when I was like 10. I had to take my underwear off and throw them away, then clean all the shit off my leg and try not to smell in front of my g/f.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
01-05-2012, 11:44 AM
(01-05-2012 11:03 AM)Leela Wrote:  I only noticed because it was a bit fresh around the butt at some point o.O

So you're saying that normally you don't feel fresh around the butt?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-05-2012, 12:44 PM
(01-05-2012 11:44 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  So you're saying that normally you don't feel fresh around the butt?
the fuck?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
01-05-2012, 01:25 PM
(01-05-2012 12:44 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 11:44 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  So you're saying that normally you don't feel fresh around the butt?
the fuck?

That's what I was saying when I read your post! Tongue

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post