Your Favorite Band?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2015, 08:07 AM
RE: Your Favorite Band?
Growing up my favorite band was The Who. I've got tickets to see their 50th Anniversary show sometime in May and I have a bad feeling it's going to pretty much ruin all my childhood memories. I was flipping through channels a couple of weeks ago and their recent performance of Quadrophenia in the UK was on TV and I watched for a while - and it was awful. I love that album and think it's one of the best rock albums ever recorded. And, that performance was so bad I just had to turn it off. So, I don't have high hopes for this May.

I guess my current favorite band is Pearl Jam. I constantly listen to the Pearl Jam station on SXM and what I like best is their live performances. Reminiscent of some of the iconic performances of bands like The Who (before they, ironically, got old and kept playing), Led Zeppelin and the Stones.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2015, 09:34 AM
(31-01-2015 08:07 AM)BnW Wrote:  Growing up my favorite band was The Who. I've got tickets to see their 50th Anniversary show sometime in May and I have a bad feeling it's going to pretty much ruin all my childhood memories. I was flipping through channels a couple of weeks ago and their recent performance of Quadrophenia in the UK was on TV and I watched for a while - and it was awful. I love that album and think it's one of the best rock albums ever recorded. And, that performance was so bad I just had to turn it off. So, I don't have high hopes for this May.

I guess my current favorite band is Pearl Jam. I constantly listen to the Pearl Jam station on SXM and what I like best is their live performances. Reminiscent of some of the iconic performances of bands like The Who (before they, ironically, got old and kept playing), Led Zeppelin and the Stones.

I thought the Live in London dvd was brilliant personally.

Obviously it's never going to match the original lineup, but I thought it sounded great for what it was.

I saw them in Liverpool the week before that was filmed. It was a great show... A bit of a shame that it wasn't louder, but the music was brilliant and the production was excellent.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm a real big fan of amateur folk music, but for known bands I'd have to say I can't decide between Turisas, Tyr, Sonata Arctica and Alestorm.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
03-02-2015, 05:55 PM
(31-01-2015 09:34 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(31-01-2015 08:07 AM)BnW Wrote:  Growing up my favorite band was The Who. I've got tickets to see their 50th Anniversary show sometime in May and I have a bad feeling it's going to pretty much ruin all my childhood memories. I was flipping through channels a couple of weeks ago and their recent performance of Quadrophenia in the UK was on TV and I watched for a while - and it was awful. I love that album and think it's one of the best rock albums ever recorded. And, that performance was so bad I just had to turn it off. So, I don't have high hopes for this May.

I thought the Live in London dvd was brilliant personally.

Obviously it's never going to match the original lineup, but I thought it sounded great for what it was.

I saw them in Liverpool the week before that was filmed. It was a great show... A bit of a shame that it wasn't louder, but the music was brilliant and the production was excellent.

I sincerely hope you're correct and I'm wrong. All my childhood memories are hanging on this concert.

Shame I gave up weed when I was 22. Have a feeling it would help.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-02-2015, 05:57 PM
(30-01-2015 03:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 02:37 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I don't really have a favorite band. I can list a few that I've listened to more than other bands, but it's not really the same as a favorite.
  • Deadmau5
  • Daft Punk
  • Zomboy
  • Skrillex
  • Tool
  • NIN
  • Jimmy Hendrix
  • FantomenK
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd

You must be another one of those young people (like Ferdinand) -- because I've never even heard of half of those...

Tongue

But Tool and Jimi Hendrix are among my favorites, and Lynyrd Skynyrd had a few good songs as well.

I am far from young but listen to a lot of those mentioned on this list. But not Skynyrd, I burned out on them years and years ago. If I never hear 'Free Bird' again it will be too soon.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF