Your Favorite Beers; Everyday, Top Shelf, & Style.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2012, 12:52 AM
RE: Your Favorite Beers; Everyday, Top Shelf, & Syle.
Usually in my refrigerator...
[Image: harp.jpg]
I do love a black and tan once in a while...
[Image: black-tan.jpg]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
12-10-2012, 01:05 AM
(12-10-2012 12:34 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  That last one was reserved for ultra-special occasions (it's my version of champagne), but I can't find it ANYWHERE anymore.

Really? Wychecraft was sold at Langley Air Force Base/NASA Research Center next to my old apartment. I thought it was good, but not that special.

Here is another one of my favorites, but it too is a little pricey. Use to get it on tap the The Pub/Park Lane Tavern in Hampton, VA. It was about 8 or 9 bucks a glass so I didn't buy it often, but it is something you gotta try at least once if you find it.
[Image: 450px-Duvel_and_glass_sunday.jpg]

12-10-2012, 08:00 AM
I gave up all alcohol a few months back... and I love beer Sad

Weeping

And no, it wasn't for religious purposes. Alcohol has a profound effect on me. If I even drink a half of a beer, it's like I took a sleeping pill. I can't enjoy alcohol because it makes me so incredibly tired.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
12-10-2012, 08:01 AM
On topic:

[Image: samuel-adams-octoberfest.gif]

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
[Image: grolsch.jpg]

[Image: DogfishHead90MinuteImperialIPA.jpg][Image: dogfish-head.jpg]

Grolsch is my all time fav.. plus I love the bottles and have been told they are great for home brewers.
I pretty much love any IPA as well.. Dogfish is what I've been buying lately. BUT if i have more then 2 I switch to some shitty yellow beer - so I don't walk around feeling like jaba the hut with the big full gut.. haha

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
12-10-2012, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 03:37 PM by Misanthropik.)
(12-10-2012 08:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  On topic:

[Image: samuel-adams-octoberfest.gif]

This was the first beer I ever had.

It was late September (a few years ago) so it was already being sold in a little general store in my neighborhood. I had just celebrated my 21st birthday a few days before, but hadn't gotten around to having a beer yet. Well, I got home one night after a long joy-ride and found my dad's 6-pack of Octoberfest in the fridge. I decided I would grab one, then take my telescope outside and peek around the cosmos for a bit - maybe try to figure out what the unusually-bright star in the sky was.

On that cold September night, I observed the surrounding moons of Jupiter - as well as its storm clouds - while sipping my first ice-cold Octoberfest and petting my dog.

It was very good times.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
17-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Your Favorite Beers; Everyday, Top Shelf, & Syle.
Boddington's
I don't find it often, but I love this pub ale with the special can that recreates a CO2-like draft pull.

It's a nice, smoothly creamy ale and I plan to finish off the 4-pack tonight.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Magic Hat's #9 is personal favorite. Mmmm...I can taste it now.
20-11-2012, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 10:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-10-2012 09:11 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Dogfish is what I've been buying lately. BUT if i have more then 2 I switch to some shitty yellow beer - so I don't walk around feeling like jaba the hut with the big full gut.. haha

Damn, you can get Dogfish Head in Texas. Dude's going places. Stay away from the 120 minute IPA, it's sickly sweet. Delaware-based fucker is doing some really cool shit with recreating ancient recipes. ... Too bad beer spikes my sugars like crazy now and I have to stick to liquor. Weeping

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-11-2012, 12:03 AM
A local FM radio show is called The Men's Room. They worked with a local brewery to inspire and help develop Elysian's Men's Room Red.
I suppose drinking something that sounds like it came out of the men's room might be put off. But I'm a big fan of the show and a bigger fan of the beer! Big Grin

[Image: Mens-Room-Red.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Heart Your favorite pizza toppings? JDog554 235 2,524 29-05-2014 05:42 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Favorite Seasonal Beers Misanthropik 6 349 10-11-2013 02:50 AM
Last Post: Misanthropik
  Favorite Foodie Web Sites? GirlyMan 8 417 31-10-2013 10:52 AM
Last Post: LadyJane
  Favorite Youtube Cooking Channels cbb2274 0 351 24-05-2013 12:51 PM
Last Post: cbb2274
  Purple Flying Hippos(Favorite Food thread)(Just found out how to edit the title) itsacow 40 1,662 19-08-2012 10:51 PM
Last Post: aurora