Your Favorite Beers; Everyday, Top Shelf, & Style.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: Your Favorite Beers; Everyday, Top Shelf, & Syle.
(12-01-2013 10:07 PM)kim Wrote:  My standard is Harp but.... I've recently gotten into this company's brews and these two are their newest beers introduced in 2012. The lighter one is Lemon Berry Shandy and the darker one is Snowdrift Vanilla Porter. Both are very smooth.
[Image: ShandyampPorter_zpse27fc041.jpg]

I just love a good porter!

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 10:10 PM
(12-01-2013 10:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just love a good porter!

I do too... it seems perfect for winter. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Its gotta be either....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWUDyD_Idjeq-cuNFjGVe...SmTqZdTLNj]

or....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeKDDRDFKtzh_YXVD-Npj...HxbN1kjnFQ]

Although I only ever really drink beer when im out having a meal, its very rare that ill buy some in.

I shudder to think of how many of these I drank in my old wreck head days Confused

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9zJdLRfaGSHc_FsjzUIZ...SWOs4RBZsw]

Which I used to snakebite with....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfdL3SBgxgj3-M1kIL6Et...SsLCkRE8FQ]

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
13-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Here in the states I'm a big fan of Twilight Ale and Mirror Pond from Dechutes brewery. In Australia I drank Cascade Draught mostly. Some Boags here or there.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
21-03-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm partial to this North Carolina native:

[Image: 541.jpg]
21-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I don't do mass produced beer. Call me a beer snob. My favorite is probably the Southern Tier raspberry wheat (though I admit I may be biased because I grew up near their brewery). I like IPAs, some stouts (right now have ST double milk stout in my fridge) and wheat ales. But I'll try/drink anything, except lagers.

[+] 1 user Likes Wolf Bird's post
21-03-2013, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 01:23 PM by Heathen.)
Oh boy!
cbb2274 has "resurrected" a beer thread! (See how I used that term without fear of ridicule in this forum?)

I LOVE beer. But I have no favorite. It's all about time and place for me. I had a very nice Red Stripe at the Pelican Bar in Jamaica recently and thought that had to be the best beer I've ever had. But I've also had an outstanding ice cold Bucanero Fuerte on the side of the road in Cuba that was very refreshing, and a wonderful Port Royal on West Bay Beach Honduras that really hit the spot. There have been many good beers, but last summer I did have a Pabst Blue Ribbon in my back yard while watching the fire turn to embers on a hot summer night while listening to some Albert King that may have topped them all.
03-06-2013, 10:39 AM
There is a pub in town that has the Old Speckled Hen on tap. They keep it too cold but I really enjoy the beer. It's a real tasty beer. The cans have the widget in them and it is closer to the tap taste. The bottles don't work as well.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Hair of the Dog

Fred, Adam or Blue Dot.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

03-06-2013, 07:58 PM
My local store down in Waterloo had a pretty great array of choices, and there were five or six quality breweries in the area. By comparison the shelves up here in Sudbury are depressingly bare (and pedestrian in their selection).

Ah well. There are still two good, relatively local brews to be had. Lake of Bays and Muskoka breweries. The former makes a very nice red ale, and the latter an amazing IPA. Actually while I've been here the local stores have started carrying Flying Monkeys (all of their beers are very nice) as well, and there are two bars with really nice sets of taps. So I've survived okay.

Not to mention the new brewery in town (Stack Brewing!), which ought to be opening any day now. Waiting on that has been agonizing.