Your Favorite Beers; Everyday, Top Shelf, & Style.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 06:19 PM
RE: Your Favorite Beers; Everyday, Top Shelf, & Style.
(12-07-2014 04:04 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 02:51 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Innis & Gunn comes in small bottles although you can also buy a larger bottle for twice the price. Alcohol is about 8% from what I remember. It's unlike any other beer and definitely the best I have ever tasted.

There's nothing else like cask-aged beer, that's why. Mostly scotch casks in their case, but not exclusively (I know they have a rum-aged style). Actually they made a Canada Day special edition for export here a few times... There are a number of Canadian craft beers made the same way - Nickel Brook had a fantastic blend aged in bourbon casks.

I really don't care much for beer, but a friend shared this cask-aged beer with me:
[Image: Brand_Imperial_Stout.jpg]
It is aged in whiskey barrels to give it extra complexity. It's very nice.
More info.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
12-07-2014, 06:29 PM
(12-07-2014 06:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  Small breweries producing unique beers are really thriving in the US these days. Even in my godforsaken area of the country I can find any number of new ones to try at any time. The US used to be the worst place in the world to drink beer, but that is changing rapidly now.

Yes, real beer is available now, rather than the piss water sold by Anheuser Busch.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-07-2014, 03:18 AM
(12-07-2014 06:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  Small breweries producing unique beers are really thriving in the US these days. Even in my godforsaken area of the country I can find any number of new ones to try at any time. The US used to be the worst place in the world to drink beer, but that is changing rapidly now.

That's really good to hear. I always wondered why the US was so bereft of decent beer when I went there on holiday in the early noughties. I had my first taste of Budweiser and it was as bad as I had feared. It will be really interesting to see what's created over there in the next couple of decades and if a specific American style develops.
13-07-2014, 06:13 AM
(13-07-2014 03:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

That's really good to hear. I always wondered why the US was so bereft of decent beer when I went there on holiday in the early noughties. I had my first taste of Budweiser and it was as bad as I had feared. It will be really interesting to see what's created over there in the next couple of decades and if a specific American style develops.

Craft beers, micro-breweries, and variety started going big in the U.S. shortly after I stopped drinking. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2014, 06:16 AM
(13-07-2014 06:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  Craft beers, micro-breweries, and variety started going big in the U.S. shortly after I stopped drinking. Weeping

Maybe you were lucky then. It might have been far harder to stop drinking otherwise!
13-07-2014, 06:32 AM
(13-07-2014 06:16 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 06:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  Craft beers, micro-breweries, and variety started going big in the U.S. shortly after I stopped drinking. Weeping

Maybe you were lucky then. It might have been far harder to stop drinking otherwise!

Might have been - I really did like a good brew. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2014, 07:08 AM
(13-07-2014 06:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 06:16 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Maybe you were lucky then. It might have been far harder to stop drinking otherwise!

Might have been - I really did like a good brew. Yes

Actually, I find I drink a lot less of the good stuff, it is satisfying. The crappy beer just never seemed to hit the spot properly. But yeah, it would likely be harder to cut it out all together. For me, it's a treat I give myself. Usually one as a night cap.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-07-2014, 06:19 PM

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.