Your Favorite Beers; Everyday, Top Shelf, & Style.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: Your Favorite Beers; Everyday, Top Shelf, & Style.
[Image: end-of-history-beer-cropped-thumb-960x640-9089.jpg]

With the beer to end all beers, the gang at Brewdog mistakenly thought End of History would end the ABV arms race. At 110 proof and a staggering $765, it is the third strongest and second most expensive beer on the planet. This blond Belgian ale was mixed with nettles and juniper berries from the Scottish highlands and then freeze distilled multiple times. Only 12 bottles exist, and each is made out of taxidermied roadkill: seven weasels (stoats), four squirrels, and one hare. I like to think of them as fuzzy koozies.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/30987/10-...sive-beers

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-04-2015, 06:31 PM
This stuff tastes pretty damn good! Shy

[Image: tumblr_m96e6xyuVK1qzw2vg.jpg]

06-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Cheap beers:

Yuengling (I haven't had it in about 4 years), Dos Equis Amber, Sol, and Negra Modelo.

Craft:

Coronado Brewing Company's Islander IPA, Green Flash's Road Warrior Rye IPA, Thorn Street Brewery's coconut stout, and Stone's Burning Rosids.
[+] 1 user Likes Dunkleweizen's post
06-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Love this stuff.

[Image: fattire_l.png]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
07-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Does anyone else here use the Untappd beer app? I'm MustangManda there too if anyone wants to really see what I drink. I'm a happy beer snob, and proud of it. Would also be willing to ship beer to anyone who's having trouble finding their favorite CA beers (Double Bastard someone mentioned? I wouldn't mind getting some Southern Tier Pumking in return, an AMAZING pumpkin beer that doesn't come to CA Sadcryface2 ....) Smile

(20-07-2013 10:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  An absolute must try if you have never tried:

[Image: 749797DE-4A17-4F28-AB8C-229A87AE2798-208...667A0C.jpg]

I love their Homo Erectus IPA

[Image: EE41FEAB-3A8F-4FBF-9BB4-A0147B1C3B82-208...64E812.jpg]

But even better if you can get it is their Big Black Homo.

[Image: 691F9CCF-2745-49FD-8973-E8BB8B44E746-208...298E3A.jpg]

Hard to find but worth the search.

Second only to Firestone Walker.

I think I love you Moms. I know you don't know me but OMFG I LOVE Firestone Walker! Bowing
I'll be in WA in a couple weeks for Memorial Day weekend so I will DEFINITELY seek out Walking Man though, thanks for the tip!!!

Maybe I'm biased for Firestone since it's my hometown brewery and their Pale Ale was my first real beer, but as a whole I've never encountered their equal, across the board I love pretty much everything they brew.
Firestone grew up with me, when I started drinking they only sold 3 beers, Pale, Double Barrel Ale and Walkers Reserve Stout. Then they added Union Jack IPA and I never thought I'd love any beer as much, until they added Double Jack... and it's still my favorite, 7 years later. Drooling
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/firestone-w...pa/106045/
So, I'm an IPA nut, but I still drink almost anything.
I'll give an honorable mention to 90 Minute and Citra (Kern River Brewing) as they are comparable to Double Jack. Ooooh, and I just discovered this awesome TRIPLE IPA, Simtra:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/knee-deep-s...pa/166154/

Other than that, if I had to pick a cheap beer it would either be Hoegarden, Blue Moon or a cider, probably Strongbow. Yummy.
[Image: 20120919+4+Asahi+Hoegaarden.png]
[Image: strongbow_package_01.jpg]

I also love Belgians, Imperial Russian Stouts and Barley Wines. If it has a high ABV and lots of sugar and/or flavor, I'm all over it. Sours aren't my favorite, but not bad.

Favorite Belgians are probably Scaldis, Piraat and Kwak. Fin Du Monde is also a pretty damned good Canadian Belgian.
[Image: scaldisanbree.png]
[Image: piraat1.jpg]
[Image: 00543b.jpg]

Favorite IRS: A Firestone, duh.
[Image: Parabola.jpg]

I'll reiterate: EVERYTHING Firestone brews is a great example in class, I'll drink absolutely anything from their Reserve series, all pricey (~$20 per 22oz), but all excellent, and like a good red wine, even ages amazingly. Try Parabola after a couple years in the cellar and you won't be disappointed. Drooling

Sorry for the long post! I just love beer and don't want this thread to die!

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
07-05-2015, 11:52 AM
(07-05-2015 11:18 AM)MustangManda Wrote:  Does anyone else here use the Untappd beer app? I'm MustangManda there too if anyone wants to really see what I drink. I'm a happy beer snob, and proud of it. Would also be willing to ship beer to anyone who's having trouble finding their favorite CA beers (Double Bastard someone mentioned? I wouldn't mind getting some Southern Tier Pumking in return, an AMAZING pumpkin beer that doesn't come to CA Sadcryface2 ....) Smile

I have it installed and added a few beers here and there to it but I do not use it very actively. I don't have many friends on there, mainly because a lot of my friends are baptists. I'll add you and try to update my list. If there is anything that I can get here in 'Bama that you want to trade, I'd be happy to ship you something. I'll check around on the Southern Tier Pumking and see if anyone here has it. Sounds like it may be seasonal though?

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
07-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Just about anything from Hill Farmstead. Their batches of experimental beers are as as beautiful, unique, and fleeting as a north country sunset.

[Image: photos?hl%3Den%26socfid%3Dweb:lu:kp:plac...IEBEKIqMAw]
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
07-05-2015, 06:09 PM
(07-05-2015 11:52 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 11:18 AM)MustangManda Wrote:  Does anyone else here use the Untappd beer app? I'm MustangManda there too if anyone wants to really see what I drink. I'm a happy beer snob, and proud of it. Would also be willing to ship beer to anyone who's having trouble finding their favorite CA beers (Double Bastard someone mentioned? I wouldn't mind getting some Southern Tier Pumking in return, an AMAZING pumpkin beer that doesn't come to CA Sadcryface2 ....) Smile

I have it installed and added a few beers here and there to it but I do not use it very actively. I don't have many friends on there, mainly because a lot of my friends are baptists. I'll add you and try to update my list. If there is anything that I can get here in 'Bama that you want to trade, I'd be happy to ship you something. I'll check around on the Southern Tier Pumking and see if anyone here has it. Sounds like it may be seasonal though?

Last I was in Bama I tried the IPA from brewery with the fish labels? Sweetwater? Also went to a superb Beer Garden in Huntsville called "The Nook", pretty much hated Huntsville aside from that little gem, was only there a few days though. Don't remember anything specific from there that I can't get here but I'd be open to suggestions.

Southern Tier is in NY and they distribute their Pumking everywhere east of the Mississippi... plus Alaska and WA last I checked. Shows up late July I believe. Worth a try if you like spices... also comes in an oaked version but with more limited distribution. Undecided I drink it whenever I visit the east that time of year but for some stinking reason they won't let me bring it back with me on a plane... Wine and liquor is ok but no beer (carbonation the airlines claim as the reason... but why is soda and Champagne ok then?). Consider

I'll keep an eye out for you on Untappd. Smile

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-05-2015, 07:22 PM
(07-05-2015 06:09 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  Last I was in Bama I tried the IPA from brewery with the fish labels? Sweetwater? Also went to a superb Beer Garden in Huntsville called "The Nook", pretty much hated Huntsville aside from that little gem, was only there a few days though. Don't remember anything specific from there that I can't get here but I'd be open to suggestions.

Sweetwater has a fish on the label. They are over in Atlanta, GA.

Quote:Southern Tier is in NY and they distribute their Pumking everywhere east of the Mississippi... plus Alaska and WA last I checked. Shows up late July I believe.

I checked their website and they do distribute down here to several locations in the Birmingham area.

If I find any when they come out I'll PM you and we can work it out. May be that I can throw in a couple of samples of some proper 'bama brews. Smile

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post